NH T4.75 Disc Mower size

Help Support CattleToday:

jwimberly

Reaction score
Anyone know what size 3pt disc mower I should look for to fit a New Holland T4.75? Someone told me a 9ft would be a good fit, does that sound about right? Rear tires are loaded and has a front loader.

Not sure about your area but if your on flat ground you might be ok but if you have hills might be alittle heavy. I have a 8 ft mower on a 6610 Ford and it's a pretty good match.

pricefarm":1nddkwtf said:
Not sure about your area but if your on flat ground you might be ok but if you have hills might be alittle heavy. I have a 8 ft mower on a 6610 Ford and it's a pretty good match.
+1

Ok, my hay ground is flat bottom land but I'm on the lookout for more. I've ran a Vicon CM2400 on it a few times and I think it's a 7.5' it seems just a little small for the tractor thoguh. The 6610 Ford specs says it has about the same weight as mine.

jwimberly":24f3pn97 said:
Ok, my hay ground is flat bottom land but I'm on the lookout for more. I've ran a Vicon CM2400 on it a few times and I think it's a 7.5' it seems just a little small for the tractor thoguh. The 6610 Ford specs says it has about the same weight as mine.

No expert by any means, but have had some experience with both tractors. The low end torque on the 268ci engine of the 6610 compared to 195ci of the TN75 the 6610 will easy pull and handle more. Very noticeable difference in person and driving in size of tractor.

NH T 4.75
http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractor ... ngine.html

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractor ... -6610.html

The newer tractors might be rated more horsepower but they don't seem to match up to the older tractors as far as actual power. My 5525 John Deere has more hp than the 6610 but the 6610 will pull circles around the JD.
We have one hay field that has a long steep hill. My dad mows with the 5525 with a 7ft mower and I use the 6610 with a 8ft mower. If we both start up the hill at the same time he has to downshift gears and slow down but I don't in the Ford it will blow some smoke and pull hard but it doesn't slow down. Both mowers are the same brand New Hollands one is a 615 the other a 616

pricefarm":3dqqucv0 said:
The newer tractors might be rated more horsepower but they don't seem to match up to the older tractors as far as actual power. My 5525 John Deere has more hp than the 6610 but the 6610 will pull circles around the JD.
We have one hay field that has a long steep hill. My dad mows with the 5525 with a 7ft mower and I use the 6610 with a 8ft mower. If we both start up the hill at the same time he has to downshift gears and slow down but I don't in the Ford it will blow some smoke and pull hard but it doesn't slow down. Both mowers are the same brand New Hollands one is a 615 the other a 616

How do the torque curves compare? HP is (torque x rpm)/5252. Gotta get it one way or the other if you have it at all. Also weight, traction, setup and who knows what else weighs in. If your Ford has the Lucas CAV pump (like my 3 Fords), it has an automatic timing advance so when you see that smoke, the advance is trying to keep the rpms where you set them and all the fuel that the pump thinks you need isn't getting burned. May be your advantage as I have no idea how the deere operates.

will a T4.75 be OK with a 7' brush hog? Can I go bigger than 7'. Has a loader and weights. Thanks.

will a T4.75 be OK with a 7' brush hog? Can I go bigger than 7'. Has a loader and weights. Thanks.

They say 5hp per foot with rotary cutters. That tractor would be just fine with a 10-12ft pull type. If you're just clipping pastures, I imagine it would handle a lighter model 15' batwing.

If you are doing some heavy clearing, best to stick with a heavy 10 footer.

I have ran a 20ft JD HX20 with a Maxxum 110, had a hard time starting it and used a lot of fuel, but otherwise worked okay.

The newer tractors might be rated more horsepower but they don't seem to match up to the older tractors as far as actual power.
The older Fords do an excellent job with torque management. I've been using a McCormick 105 with the discbines and bush hogs this summer alongside my old Ford 7610 and 7710, all of which are right at 85 pto hp and 268ci turbo 4 cyl's. The McCormick will pull down quicker than the others if you get in heavy grass, but has way more gears to choose from. Pick your poison.