NH BR780A baler

Help Support CattleToday:

Earl Thigpen

Reaction score
Anyone use one of these? I'm going to an auction this weekend and there is a NH baler there that from all sides except the right looks like it just rolled of the showroom floor. Right side looks like it got hit with a truck, maybe did. Anyway, the bale counter has a count of 37 (yea, I know they are resettable). One of the belts looks like it needs to be clipped together but other than those two items it looks like a pretty new machine. If you have one of these machines, what under the right side cover should I look for as far a damage is concerned. I really can't see any damage except for the sheet metal but I really don't know what I should be looking for.

Also I tried to do a little research on this machine and I think it might be a 2006 model but I also found listings for a BR780A as far back as 2003. Nothing before that.

Last, if you have one of these, where is the serial number tag. I believe the second digit in the serial number indicates the year model (N6xxxxxx = 2006; N3xxxxxx = 2003) but I found a couple of variations in that so I don't know if it was a misprint or the number means something entirely different.

Thanks for your help.

I have a br740 it is a 2004 model ( i think it is the same machine) and I have a computer, net wrap actuator and twine actuator on the right side