NH 6750 disc mower

Help Support CattleToday:

hayrack

Reaction score
I bought a new mower and have been running it but noticed after cutting for about 4 hours that the gear box was so hot you could not hold your hand on it. The oil levels are good but wondered if anyone has noticed this on yours if you have a mower like it.

you better check the gear box.an see if it is full of oil.im betting that the gear box is low or out of oil.i hope you havent blown the gear box.

bigbull338":26dbwson said:
you better check the gear box.an see if it is full of oil.im betting that the gear box is low or out of oil.i hope you havent blown the gear box.
I checked the oil levels before I ever started using it and have twice since and they are all on level. It has been used prolly 10 or 12 hours total now.

hayrack":1yndtreb said:
bigbull338":1yndtreb said:
I checked the oil levels before I ever started using it and have twice since and they are all on level. It has been used prolly 10 or 12 hours total now.
Thye get pretty hot, but if you are concerned call your dealer and have them come check it out in the field under operating conditions

Refilling the gear box with 80/90 Synthetic gear oil might help. Those gear boxes run pretty hot anyway.

TSR":34lgwxoq said:
Refilling the gear box with 80/90 Synthetic gear oil might help. Those gear boxes run pretty hot anyway.
They say to use one of two different oils and one is synthetic. I have heard that they do and when it is changed I may go to the synthetic oil. If it would cool it down it has got to be a good thing.

Latest posts