NH 315 Baler

Help Support CattleToday:

killingtime

Reaction score
Alright it's me again. How about the NH 315 since the 271 got sold before I could get it. Don't know anyone whose had a 300 series but I 've been looking on the internet and the opinions vary greatly. One says a 315 is junk the other says it's as good as anything. Would love to find a 273 for a reasonable price.

Let me know what ya think and how much one should go for.

Been toying with the idea of a round baler too, not sure if my tractor would handle it or not. What kind of horsepower do you need for a smaller round baler?

My uncle had one, if my memory serves me they came with a light or a heavy driveline. At that time they were baling straw behind a 20 foot head, they'd be baling and the driveline would break, then they found out they had the light drive. I don't recall anything other than that.

Larry

I had a 316 and before that a 273 , they were both good balers but the 316 had more capacity . The 316 is about the same as a 315 just newer. As far as price goes I wouldn't know.

We run a 315 and all it does is eat hay and run. Rarely a problem and will handle just about anything we can throw at it.

I had one,it was a nice baler.I paid $3500 for it and I think when I traded it I got more than that.

I just got a 315 and a buddy barowed it calls a said it was pos. So I went out to see what was happening made a few adjustments that previous owner had fouled and what do you know it baled at least 330 bales without 1 miss

I got a 320 a while ago as a backup for my ancient 282, never used it yet but with the price of hay I think i'll use it to make some smaller bales here this week and give it a shot, I hear they are good and eat hay, I'm going to try it with my MF255 but that might struggle a little, might use the IH684, but comparatively it doesn't turn very sharp so I'll see

Latest posts