NFR

Help Support CattleToday:

baldy

Reaction score
I am going to veas this year for the finals and was wondering if anyone has any tips of things to do or see. I have been there a few times in years past but all we did was go to the rodeo and then party till dawn. This time I am bringing my fiance so I'm going to try and act like a grown up. Can a person make it to the Grand Canyon and back in a day?

baldy":3n90jni8 said:
I am going to veas this year for the finals and was wondering if anyone has any tips of things to do or see. I have been there a few times in years past but all we did was go to the rodeo and then party till dawn. This time I am bringing my fiance so I'm going to try and act like a grown up. Can a person make it to the Grand Canyon and back in a day?

You should have no problem making it to the Grand Canyon and back in a day, but you should plan to spend as much time at the Canyon as you can during that day.. You may want to leave Vegas early and get back late.

It's a little over 5 hours one way from Vegas to the Grand Canyon. Don't leave much time to see anything and that would make for one heck of a long day round trip.

I agree. I have driven form Vegas to the Grand Canyon and it is NOT your average day trip, but it can be done. Thing is is that once you get to the grand canyon and look at the big hole there is not much elso to do there. Can't see how people can spend weeks at the Grand Canyon once you've seen it thats all there is. Don't get me wrong it is a magnificent sight but how long can you look at it?

There is a vintage train you can take from Williams,Az to the Grand Canyon and stay in a renovated old western hotel and you can do the same on the return trip to Williams. I think they have 2 or three day packages with overnight stays/meals at both hotels and 2 train rides. More to see than just a big hole in the ground. ;-)

baldy":1hox52su said:

baldy- You are the first person I know that was going to Vegas that asked for things to do-- I never could find enough time to do all Vegas has- but I guess I'm getting old- LOL :lol: -- My favorite passtime in Vegas anymore is just people watching- but I kind of come from the boondocks- only 6,000 people in the whole county, so when I see that many people its a fascination.

You might want to get a PRCA and NFR schedule- besides the nightly rodeo performances they usually have everything going on from bucking horse and bull sales to fashion shows and tours.

Latest posts