NFL?

Help Support CattleToday:

skcatlman

Reaction score
I watched the divisional semi i have not really watch NFL football much before i am sorry to say is it ever boring - too many commercials, too many time outs,too much time on the play clock you guys have to watch CFL football i sure miss it the season was over in Nov. I am A big football fan and will watch the NFL playoffs but in my opioion the cfl game runs much faster in tempo and with 2:00 min remaining if the game is within 10 points it is any ones game

Commercials have gotten out of hand and the long booth reviews. It is easy to stop paying attention. Go Bears.

The four playoff games this past weekend were some of the best you will ever see. If you need fast paced "action" all the time, so be it, but there is more to any sport than just that. If you don't appreciate good defense in football or basketball, good pitching in baseball, etc. then you're not a true fan of the game and shouldn't watch.

I have nothing against the CFL or the AFL, but those playing in those leagues are there because they're not good enough to play in the NFL. I'm with auctionboy. GO BEARS.

For me, there is no football beyond NCAA. I love college football. How long 'til the opening game for the AU Tigers? :)

J. T.":31zcvop0 said:
For me, there is no football beyond NCAA. I love college football. How long 'til the opening game for the AU Tigers? :)

College football is great--but they crown the champ by voting. The NFL settles it on the field. Like god and Pete Rozelle intended.
Go COLTS. Next year is now.

I don't know Gods views on crowning champions, but I do think if you capitalize Pete Rozelles name then God should be in caps also.

backhoeboogie":3r5taung said:
Heck, I thought the commercials were the best part of the play-offs.

Boogie,

Me too!! Remember the old Miller commercials with Dick Butkus and Bubba Smith, classics all of them :p

Jack

auctionboy":clnde0ap said:
I don't know Gods views on crowning champions, but I do think if you capitalize Pete Rozelles name then God should be in caps also.

Actually, I used lower case to indicate I don't mean the Almighty God. No sacrilege intended and no offense intended.

john250":194rnwpd said:
auctionboy":194rnwpd said:

Actually, I used lower case to indicate I don't mean the Almighty God. No sacrilege intended and no offense intended.

I don't take offence, but what god are you talking about?

J. T.":1p721len said:

They haven't got a contract for the first game this year, so there may not be a first game. :lol: :lol:

Attention vanc:
A bit of information the CFL has had a champinship for eighty years, yes 8 and 0 . It has been around alot longer than the NFL. They are two totally different games the CFL has a much wider and longer feild. So it requires a different athlete. So it isn't a place forn NFL rejects ask Ricky Williams he played in the cfl this year or at the part when he wasn't on the bench. He was all hype about being such a good running back in the cfl you have to be alot quicker laterally and able to accelerate faster he had 1 100yard game and was ranked as one of the worst rushers in the league and this guy is at his prime, was he relly the best college player in the US at one time. Some nfl players could excel at the canadian game but definitely not all. The 3 downs cause alot of problems it makes it much more a passing game. AS evident by the QB's that got a chance in the CFL then moved over and starred in the NFL for example Warren Moon, Joe Theisman, Doug Flutie and most recently Jeff Garcia yeah couldn't start in the nfl too small, but lead this team into playoffs and what was his regular season record. A name you guys will be hearing soon Casey Printers a star QB in the CFL moved to NfL, if he gets a chance will be another W.Moon. Some Stats 6 foot 4inches tall , 215 pounds in fitness testing for the cfl ran a 3.9 - 40 dash, guys who have seen him say he is a bigger,faster, mike vick is the best way to describe him, he just needs to get used to the american game again.
As for canadian college football it is decided on the field with playoffs and a national championship game not some one's ranking, And picking who will play for the national championship.
And what i was saying was that everything takes too long the game take 4 to 4 1/2 hopurs to watch up here 2 1/2 to 3 hours for a game on T.V. so i am used to the faster game and the nfl game is slow and boring by comparison. Yeah some of the commercials are OK but way too much i want to watch football see how some lineman throw a block that took out 2 guys to spring a back for a good run or pass and run play that rocked or the play when Reggie Bush got rocked on the pitch play that is what i want too see exciting fast paced football. not the same commercial fourty times a game.
I am not going to start saying one league is better than another, simply they are different versions of the same game. and i personally like the canadian version better because that is what i grew up with.
What is up with the announcers? what did Rex Grossman do to them? The announcers hack on him for ever little mistake and he isn't good enough to win a championship,the bears are still in the playoffs. He is doing a better job tha other QB's as his team is still in the playoffs.

Latest posts