NFL Carolina Panthers - For Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

i do not understand why anyone would invest that kind of money into a business where.......

31 of your competitors get to tell you how to run your business ...

and they determine how much you can pay your employees and

change the rules of the business operation every year....

31 competitors or partners?
Union pay scale.
Rule changes so minor they don't fall under Vet directive.
Where else can you invest 200 million and grow it to 2 billion in 20 years?

How much has your cow herd grown in value?

[youtube]https://youtu.be/g3qC9NKDt0c[/youtube]

I always think about this guy anytime I see anything about the Panthers. You're welcome.

Son of Butch":19ormngd said:
Union pay scale.

Double check me but I think that's less than a 12% return on your money with earning reinvested.

Investment calculator I used says 200 million 12% = 1.99 billion and 12.1% = 2.05

S&P 500 average last 60 years 10.6%
worst 20 year period Sept. 1929-1949 1.9%
best 20 year period April 1980-2000 17.9%

Son of Butch":3ea14mrf said:
Investment calculator I used says 200 million 12% = 1.99 billion and 12.1% = 2.05

S&P 500 average last 60 years 10.6%
worst 20 year period Sept. 1929-1949 1.9%
best 20 year period April 1980-2000 17.9%

234 million in 13% zero coupon US Treasuries purchased in 1989 maturing in 30 years. What's that gonna be worth next year??

$200 million... exact sale price of Five Rivers Cattle Feeding, the world's largest cattle feeder.
980,000 hd capacity with 11 feed lots in 6 states, Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas.

Son of Butch":34ckt36b said:
$200 million... exact sale price of Five Rivers Cattle Feeding, the world's largest cattle feeder.
980,000 hd capacity with 11 feed lots in 6 states, Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas.
And??

Son of Butch":3op62k72 said:
Union pay scale.

I just do not believe that Robert Craft, Jerry jones or Dan Snyder give a rats rump about how well their "partners" get along in the business...they will worry about their own bottom line and do everything possible to positively influence it....if the "partners " benefit that is okay but if the "partners" suffer that is okay too.

pdfangus":279to3is said:
Son of Butch":279to3is said:
Union pay scale.

I just do not believe that Robert Craft, Jerry jones or Dan Snyder give a rats rump about how well their "partners" get along in the business...they will worry about their own bottom line and do everything possible to positively influence it....if the "partners " benefit that is okay but if the "partners" suffer that is okay too.
Yeah get all warm and fuzzy when Jerry Jones et al shake your hand while showing that little shyt eating grin.