Next years Show heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

wpenrod

Reaction score
This is a heifer we just got to show next year. She is an Alias x Hoosier Hot Shot. She was born in april. Just wondering what everyone thought of her, good or bad comments are welcome. I couldnt get the picture to load on here but here is a link to a shot video of her
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0O_j1EJOg

wpenrod":19nvvnhw said:
This is a heifer we just got to show next year. She is an Alias x Hoosier Hot Shot. She was born in april. Just wondering what everyone thought of her, good or bad comments are welcome. I couldnt get the picture to load on here but here is a link to a shot video of her
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0O_j1EJOg

All I can tell from the video is that she has plenty of ear.....

Looks good and looks to have alot of potential. Don't see alot of ear coming from that cross.

by Jovid on Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:00 am

blranch wrote:
What do you mean by having plenty of ear?

When I look at the video all I see is those big ears......

Is that something you should look for when picking heifers or is that just something you noticed?

blranch":1nwbjqqp said:

blranch wrote:

Is that something you should look for when picking heifers or is that just something you noticed?

First of all the video is too short to tell anything about the heifer. When I looked at it all I could see is that she has big ears.

No I do not look at theirs ears when picking out heifers.

Jovid":316kr85v said:
blranch":316kr85v said:

blranch wrote:

First of all the video is too short to tell anything about the heifer. When I looked at it all I could see is that she has big ears.

No I do not look at theirs ears when picking out heifers.

So in other words he was just being a smart a$$.

nice looking animals good luck with them in the show ring keep us updated on how they do

Is anyone still looking for a good show steer? I still have two that I need to sell and will make someone a good deal on them, They are both big boned, big footed, tons of a hairy and they are sound. I have pictures of the one born in april on my web site. I will better pictures of him this weekend. The other one is a may calf and I will try to get him clipped this weekend as well and get pictures of him. If anyone would be interested in either of them please let me know.

Thanks,
Wesley

here is the link to the pictures http://penrodshowcattle.webs.com/forsale.htm

Ca you tell my what breed is she meant to be? To my eyes she is an Angus with big ears. If she is meant to be a Brangus, she doesn't have near enough Brahman content. I doubt she would be accepted in Australia as a Brangus.Body wise she's a handy little heifer. if you weren't worried about breed standars etc she'd fit in well with a commercial herd.

Australian":3avdreh8 said:
Ca you tell my what breed is she meant to be? To my eyes she is an Angus with big ears. If she is meant to be a Brangus, she doesn't have near enough Brahman content. I doubt she would be accepted in Australia as a Brangus.Body wise she's a handy little heifer. if you weren't worried about breed standars etc she'd fit in well with a commercial herd.

I don't think there's any Brahman influence in her and she'll probably grow into her ears - their not that big.

she is a registered Chi-maine but she is clubby bred, her ears are not very big and shes does not have any brahman in her, but thanks for those of you that gave complaments

wpenrod":35g5yr0s said:
she is a registered Chi-maine but she is clubby bred, her ears are not very big and shes does not have any brahman in her, but thanks for those of you that gave complaments

They appear rather large to me......Must be from the Maine influence.

Jovid":391hwqfd said:
wpenrod":391hwqfd said:

They appear rather large to me......Must be from the Maine influence.

Probably could be if you're not around maines too much. How are red poll ears? There was an old man on RFD the other night -- i think it was the cattle show... maybe? -- that had had some red polls most of his life. It was pretty interesting, I always like listening to some of the older generation.

Wow you Americans make up some breed names. Why don't you just have straight traditional Maine An Jou, they would do much better for you than any Chianina influence. But each to their own as the saying goes.I wouldn't be game to buy a black animal from the US. I'd be afraid what "other" influence it might have in it.

Australian":2lfeak3x said:
Wow you Americans make up some breed names. Why don't you just have straight traditional Maine An Jou, they would do much better for you than any Chianina influence. But each to their own as the saying goes.I wouldn't be game to buy a black animal from the US. I'd be afraid what "other" influence it might have in it.

My school used to breed the red and white Maine Anjous but gave it away because it was difficult to find both good local genetics and no one wanted them here. I think they have their place. We had some beautiful females. They make great mothers. Shame they're going black, they are beautiful and good natured cattle.

Australian":1r5212pi said:

If you've said that once you've said it a million times. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Latest posts