Next year's crop

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
timber.jpg

Came across a copperhead today. Picked up a piece of plywood that was laying on the ground and their it was. (Yes, I jumped and let go of the plywood :D ) It is chilly enough it didn't even move. Didn't wiggle much after I chopped it's head off either. Rotting in the burn barrel now. :nod: Only problem, where is the other one.? :shock:

They are still crawling good here. I was in a snakey place today and I left my boots at the house. Between all the banana spiders and the creepy crawlies on the ground I had a pleasant walk through paranoia. :lol:

John an Larry , they're everywhere, perhaps i should box some up and send to ya'll. ;-) :lol: :lol:

curtis":zak987n4 said:
John an Larry , they're everywhere, perhaps i should box some up and send to ya'll. ;-) :lol: :lol:

I agree. Ya'll need some of these they add a little spring in your step. Heck, we can also box up some love bugs and bananna spiders too so you can have the full effect.

Jogeephus":2s2130zm said:
curtis":2s2130zm said:

I agree. Ya'll need some of these they add a little spring in your step. Heck, we can also box up some love bugs and bananna spiders too so you can have the full effect.

Ship them to Larry. He'll be glad to pack them in ice and send them back to you.

Last weekend while scouting out my hunting lease my buddy and I encountered the biggest copperhead either one of us had seen. We had just encountered a big black snake which we left alone. We walked 10 feet and there was a BIG copperhead coiled up on the 4 wheeler trail. I am guessing 5ft long. I don't think I have ever seen one much over 3ft long in the past. His head was like my fist. My buddy shot him with a .22 magnum loaded with snake shot and it didn't seem to phase him much. He just crawled off into a huge patch of saw briars and blackberry briars. I didn't have the nerve to go in after him. Maybe the big black snake will track him down and kill him.

I guess spring must be officially here (although the grass hasn't really got going yet) I killed a big Cape Cobra yesterday and saw 2 red lip heralds today in the road.

Jogeephus":ouq6souq said:
curtis":ouq6souq said:

Don't forget to throw in a few hundred thousand fire ants to complete the prize package. :mrgreen:

Yeah, gotta toss in some fireants and one of those milking machines for the aphids. ;-)

Knersie, those cobras look like they can be trouble. Does that one spit too or just bite?

BTW saw two dead on road today and two more a crawling.

grannysoo":2ida5282 said:
Jogeephus":2ida5282 said:
curtis":2ida5282 said:

Don't forget to throw in a few hundred thousand fire ants to complete the prize package. :mrgreen:

Those pictures you fellers post is close enough for me and those fire ants sound downright bothersome.

Larry

Jogeephus":3ffo84oq said:
Yeah, gotta toss in some fireants and one of those milking machines for the aphids. ;-)

Knersie, those cobras look like they can be trouble. Does that one spit too or just bite?

BTW saw two dead on road today and two more a crawling.

The Cape cobra doesn't spit, the Rinkals cobra does spit but you don't get them as far south as I am. They are an agressive lot, although you almost never hear of anyone being bitten. The only human death I know of that was caused by a Cape cobra in this area was about two years ago when an elderly blind lady was bitten.

The most agressive viper we have is the cotton mouth. If you get around her turf she will come after you. Just west of me two fer de lances were killed about two years ago. We are not supposed to have these but they were what they were. These are extremely agressive and will chase you down to bite you. I hope this was the only two cause I can't run as fast as I used too. :oops:

I have a doctor friend who told me that most of the venomated snake bites he encounters are generally in the hand and they normally involve alcohol. The reflex bites are not nearly as bad unless the snake is on the hunt.

I,ll be glad when it gets a little colder, i,m tired of all the ticks and chiggers and snakes. I killed another copperhead in the yard this afternoon.

I saw in a catalog some stuff called snake away, you reckon that would keep the vile creatures out of the yard?

Larry

Latest posts