Next Assignment

Help Support CattleToday:

It's coming this week isn't it? They have us at 4-6".
Yep tropical wave moving in.
Showers have already started.
Local fertilizer distributor is out till tomorrow when the rains are here.
It has been a challenge to get hay cut and fertilized this year.
You can't believe the forecasts as they are apocalyptic with a rider on a pale horse coming.

Yep tropical wave moving in.
Showers have already started.
Local fertilizer distributor is out till tomorrow when the rains are here.
It has been a challenge to get hay cut and fertilized this year.
You can't believe the forecasts as they are apocalyptic with a rider on a pale horse coming.
I was spraying all this week. I was boom spraying and my son was spot spraying all this week. This is perfect timing.

They had us in the 4-6 and every one was real excited. Now they are upping the north end to like 10-20" and it doesn't seem like as much fun. 😄

It's part of it. Got to have it.

Rains real spotty... had 40% chance today... and it went north and south by about 20-40 miles. We are dusty dry here... Even had hay down HOPING we would get a rain. Had .75 inch week of June 3-6... nothing since with 80's and a couple 90's... and the rest of this week is supposed to be a scorcher... 90's with heat index of 100 some days...
Funny how it hits here and there... we sure don't want the toad stranglers you have had down in TX... but maybe you could share a couple inches of it. We will have all first cutting done by Thursday.... never happened like this before... and there is very little growing... pastures are already hurting and we rotate... no regrowth....

I hate to hear it for East & SE Texas as I know so well what that kind of rainfall can do. Hope for the best, let the Man upstairs look over you all, and just roll with it is all you can do.

Looks to be headed for Northern Old Mexico but that counterclockwise circulation is going to be dragging in huge amounts of rain all over the Texas coast and because of the way the Tx coastline is shaped, storm surge will actually be higher from Sabine Pass to down near Matagorda than it will be farther south.

Last edited:

Latest posts