Newest Hereford Heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

showmomof2

Reaction score
tn_018.JPG
out of daughter of Star SS Thunder by BR DM Channing yearling heifer

I think she is the best calf you've posted yet. She's not perfect, but she's a real solid, complete female. I think she'll make a big impact on your herd.

CPL":2gwelvl5 said:
I think she is the best calf you've posted yet. She's not perfect, but she's a real solid, complete female. I think she'll make a big impact on your herd.

I agree, she got an interesting pedigree as well, I'm going to use a grandson of Star SS Thunder this season for AI.

Showmom, you've made big strides with your herd the last two years, continue to do so and you'll soon be where you want to with your herd.

showmomof2":3at4opuo said:
Wish I could take credit for her breeding, but we just bought her Saturday.

Looks like a good purchase!

She shows a lot of Channing's phenotype.

The Thunder daughters that I've seen have all been good, strong milking cows.

And I've seen a number of descendants of the Reba cow (her maternal granddam) that I really liked. Tried to buy a couple, but my pockets weren't deep enough. :lol:

Good luck with her!

George

P.S. An interesting side note: A while back, I asked HerefordSire if HE knew a Hereford cow that had over 100 progeny. Although I wasn't aware of it then, this heifer's granddam, HVH Reba 23D, does. 117 recorded progeny, so far.
23775641.jpg

She (the mammy to 117 calves) may not be donor material until she is proven by having 200 calves and her EPD percentages are around 80%. Until then, why speculate? :cboy:

HerefordSire":aonsbcvc said:
She (the mammy to 117 calves) may not be donor material until she is proven by having 200 calves and her EPD percentages are around 80%. Until then, why speculate? :cboy:

To the "numbers chasers", Reba certainly wouldn't be considered donor material. She's a perfect example of one of the better cows in the Hereford breed, with sub-average EPDs, as I had stated on another thread.

George

Nice heifer, I'm lucky enough to live near North American Breeders, a lot of breeders use them. I get to see some big name bulls up close, some still in show condition, some in breeding condition. I've seen Thunder a couple of times, one of the most impressive looking bulls I've seen.

Nice Heifer. I would like to see more bone. Looks like she is really fined boned. other than that I cant fault her much. JHH