newborn

Help Support CattleToday:

jt

Reaction score
was lucky enough to watch this one get going...

DSC02247Medium.jpg

where am i?

DSC02248Medium.jpg

can i stand up?

DSC02249Medium.jpg

i'm hungry now

DSC02253Medium.jpg

hhhhhhmmmm

98# bull calf, unassisted and nursing within the hour.. it's great when things go well ;-)

jt

thats 1 cute calf dont ya just love it when everything goes right and they got up and go right to sucking momma nice pictures scott

bigbull338":3sai6fou said:
thats 1 cute calf dont ya just love it when everything goes right and they got up and go right to sucking momma nice pictures scott

yep, especially when the calf is as big as this one... i like em a little smaller than 98#, but you take what you get... he is a little bigger than was expected..

jt

That's what you like to see. I just had a bull born to a 1st calver yesterday not quite as big as yours but had it with no help and got it drinking on its own . That's how I wish they all would do it.

What breed is that calf?. I like to see them get up drink and then run around some. Hard to stop them after that.

thanks g&l and msscamp

franseen":30a927zo said:
What breed is that calf?. I like to see them get up drink and then run around some. Hard to stop them after that.

limousin..

jt

JT,
Do you get a lot of cows that are "black" but look more brown? We have some that are that way. Most are jet black, but a few are more brownish, yet not red. Congrats on the new calf.

franseen":2x19x90v said:
JT,
Do you get a lot of cows that are "black" but look more brown? We have some that are that way. Most are jet black, but a few are more brownish, yet not red. Congrats on the new calf.

just clarifying, but do you mean calves?? if so, yes i do get some that are not jet black. they turn black as they grow off. this particular calf is from a HB HP bull...

jt