New York City live animal pens?

Help Support CattleToday:

MarkSMathewson

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to this forum, love it, was raised on a dairy farm in NH (Guernseys), and trying HARD to locate grain buyers for the many rather elusive live animal pens that exist in NYC. I know there are a ton of butchers, especially ethnic, that serve special cuts, etc.. I'm trying to locate these pens, the larger ones at least, to potentially sell healthy bulk feed. I'm a nyc resident that works for a design studio but i'm trying to help an old family friend who's in the grain business and trying to break into this NYC market. Any suggestions? Thank you very much for listening... :D

I guess by elusive you mean that you can't just ride around and see these pens. If you could see the pens I'd just walk up and ask if they're interested in buying some feed. If you don't know where the pens are just post some flyers advertising what you have to offer. How do you know the pens are there?

ga. prime":1omsh759 said:
Live animal pens in NYC sounds plausible to me- no different than Miami or Atlanta.

I'm sure there are animal pens in NYC. However, I'm with the others, I am suspicious of this whole deal.

Katherine

Workinonit Farm":6a0fjvzd said:
ga. prime":6a0fjvzd said:
Live animal pens in NYC sounds plausible to me- no different than Miami or Atlanta.

I'm sure there are animal pens in NYC. However, I'm with the others, I am suspicious of this whole deal.

Katherine
Me too.

hello, mark here again, the original poster, i'm not sure what some of you mean by "suspicious." of me or the pens? they def exist, i'm tracking some down (poultry pens like R&D Live Poultry), but there are def more. nyc's sheer size and diversity suggest as much. and regarding my intentions. well, i guess, while i understand, its a bit unfortunate (but i guess an indication of our times) when a sincere post and intentions is received suspiciously. Understood. Thank you all for your responses though. Back to looking! Oh, and the friend i'm trying to help words for Blue Seal. Thank you again.

MarkSMathewson":1934ncja said:
Thank you all for your responses though. Back to looking! Oh, and the friend i'm trying to help words for Blue Seal. Thank you again.

Well, besides actually trying to track-down the pen locations themselves, perhaps (if you haven't already done so) start at the local pet supply places. I'm sure NYC has a PetSmart, a PetCo, places like that.

Or (if you haven't already done this) go to the local markets, like in Chinatown and Little Italy where they sell 'fresh' poultry and pork and instead of asking them about their meat supplier, you could offer to leave a business card or other info that the market owner could then give to his/her meat supplier.

Blue Seal makes decent products.

Just a couple of ideas.

Katherine

Workinonit Farm":3mmo0v6f said:
MarkSMathewson":3mmo0v6f said:
Thank you all for your responses though. Back to looking! Oh, and the friend i'm trying to help words for Blue Seal. Thank you again.

Well, besides actually trying to track-down the pen locations themselves, perhaps (if you haven't already done so) start at the local pet supply places. I'm sure NYC has a PetSmart, a PetCo, places like that.

Or (if you haven't already done this) go to the local markets, like in Chinatown and Little Italy where they sell 'fresh' poultry and pork and instead of asking them about their meat supplier, you could offer to leave a business card or other info that the market owner could then give to his/her meat supplier.

Blue Seal makes decent products.

Just a couple of ideas.

Katherine

I have never heard of blue seal. What kind of decent products do they make katherine?

S&WSigma40VEShooter":1v4dor35 said:
I have never heard of blue seal. What kind of decent products do they make katherine?

Blue Seal is a feed manufacturer based in the North (I think in Massachusetts). Like Purina. They make "complete" feeds as well as other types of mixes/blends. For example they used to have (might still) a product called "Trotter" pellets for horses, and a sweet feed called "Charger" for horses. They have horse feeds, rabbit pellets, etc.

There, at one time, (and maybe still) was once a chain of feed/farm supply stores similar to co-ops called Agway. Agway used to carry Blue Seal feeds as their more prominent 'name-brand' feeds.

Katherine