New Years ?

Help Support CattleToday:

curtis

Reaction score
The new year will be here in a few days . What kind of crazy resolutions will you make this year.

What about last year? All you folks that said you were going to quit smoking, how many actually really quit?

I'm resolving to go to at least one social event this year wearing the new Dr Pepper underwear my wife gave me for Christmas, and nothing else....

I resolve to raise a better Imbalancer than Jogeephus. I have an advantage. I have seen his top Imbalancer in person so now I know what I must out-imbalance to be "best of show". :lol:

To try and lower my expenses of my farm for a larger total income........ Again.

Hmmmmm......Good question. Let me think on it, and I will get back to you.
(This is not an attempt to solicit suggestions from the peanut gallery, so just keep 'em under your hat! :nod: ).

HOSS":3g26kj52 said:
I resolve to raise a better Imbalancer than Jogeephus. I have an advantage. I have seen his top Imbalancer in person so now I know what I must out-imbalance to be "best of show". :lol:

Taint possible! I got an ace hidden in my boot that you never saw but I'll give you a glimpse. 3 years and weighs in at 375 - 400 lbs. Beat that big boy! :lol2:

I have kept my resolution I made in 94 which was to never make another resolution. I finally figured out there was nothing to be gained by lying to myself.

Try to eliminate my "daily rate of gain" (been grazing since Thanksgiving).
Finally quit smoking the first week of September, after many attempts thru the year BUT I still WANT one :cowboy:

Misty Moonlite :wave: , we are patiently waiting for your resolutions , shall we make some suggestions ? :tiphat: :) :)

CKC1586":2cdvf43y said:
Finally quit smoking the first week of September, after many attempts thru the year BUT I still WANT one :cowboy:

Don't give in. It takes about a year for that urge to go away.

It's been 4 years for me now with no tobacco. :banana:

grannysoo":dl2mxvmc said:
CKC1586":dl2mxvmc said:

Don't give in. It takes about a year for that urge to go away.

It's been 4 years for me now with no tobacco. :banana:
Congratulations on your four years with no tobacco!
Thanks for the words of encouragement! I had quit for 21 years then went back at it (I know STUPID) and holy crap was I hooked quick for the past 2 years, this time has been tough. I used to have the occasional urge, but now I think about it every day and really have to talk myself out of getting in the truck to run to the store....

CKC1586":14ws2sep said:
Try to eliminate my "daily rate of gain" (been grazing since Thanksgiving).

Hang in there!! I quit 4 yrs ago in October and there is certain things that I do that triggers the want for about 15 seconds.
For the first yr the left side of my chest hurt from slapping at it to get to the cigarettes I USED to carry there :D

Happy NEW YEAR

CKC1586":a2y8z0qc said:
I used to have the occasional urge, but now I think about it every day and really have to talk myself out of getting in the truck to run to the store....

That's all part of it. The urge will go away again.

If I could only be one of those "casual" smokers, I'd still smoke. You know the type... those that smoke one here or there, a pack lasts 3 weeks, only a few on weekends, etc. I do know however, the if I ever smoke another one, I'll probably never quit again. That's why I don't touch them anymore.

Don't even have cravings anymore.

(And now, my clothes, my breath, my truck, etc. don't STINK all the time!)

grannysoo":2ldx1rjl said:
CKC1586":2ldx1rjl said:
I used to have the occasional urge, but now I think about it every day and really have to talk myself out of getting in the truck to run to the store....

That's all part of it. The urge will go away again.

If I could only be one of those "casual" smokers, I'd still smoke. You know the type... those that smoke one here or there, a pack lasts 3 weeks, only a few on weekends, etc. I do know however, the if I ever smoke another one, I'll probably never quit again. That's why I don't touch them anymore.

Don't even have cravings anymore.

(And now, my clothes, my breath, my truck, etc. don't STINK all the time!)
Ya, I hear you. My Grand daughter gave me a big hug and kiss the other day and said Grandma I am so glad you don't stink anymore! Sure miss that morning coffee one....

My resolution is to be more reverant to my good friends CfPinz and Curtis for getting me them front row seats to the innaugaration Jan. 20th.of Mr. O'mama. With friends like them I cant say enough good about them here. :shock:

Mine is to stop smoking.

I stopped smoking the day before thanksgiving and I think I'm up 8 pounds now. My wife keeps asking me for one because she would never buy her own and just get them off everyone else.

My one resolution isn;t formal but it's the one I make every year. To try to live till next new years.

Crowderfarms":1w6rnjgi said:
My resolution is to be more reverant to my good friends CfPinz and Curtis for getting me them front row seats to the innaugaration Jan. 20th.of Mr. O'mama. With friends like them I cant say enough good about them here. :shock:

We tried real hard to get you a better seat but they were all taken. I think you're between Jessie an Al. Please refrain yourself and don't wear your bell.
Sorry, thats the best we could do. :tiphat:

curtis":21x9zyyu said:
Crowderfarms":21x9zyyu said:

We tried real hard to get you a better seat but they were all taken. I think you're between Jessie an Al. Please refrain yourself and don't wear your bell.
Sorry, thats the best we could do. :tiphat:

Which Al, sharpton or gore?

cfpinz":3p4l2puz said:
I'm resolving to go to at least one social event this year wearing the new Dr Pepper underwear my wife gave me for Christmas, and nothing else....

For cute, heading to a social event over at the neighbors then? :D

curtis":3p4l2puz said:
Misty Moonlite :wave: , we are patiently waiting for your resolutions , shall we make some suggestions ? :tiphat: :) :)

No

angie":3p4l2puz said:
Hmmmmm......Good question. Let me think on it, and I will get back to you.
(This is an attempt to solicit suggestions from the peanut gallery, :nod: ).

Oh, okay, then Angel, we are here to help. Let's see, hows about we start with cleaning the junk drawer out and resolving not to toss any old syringes in there okay? :nod:

Latest posts