New Years Resolutions?

Help Support CattleToday:

MistyMorning

Reaction score
So now that the presents have been opened, too much food eaten and all the other trappings of Christmas are over, I was contemplating some New Years Resolutions. Was wondering if others made them too? Do you keep them or are they pretty much out the door in a couple of weeks?

If you live a good virtuous life like I do you don;t need to make resolutions because there isn;t anything the change!

Shoot ~ guess I should resolve to be more like Dun :shock:

I have not made one yet. In the past I have resolved to quit smoking, got so I would watch to see where my smokes landed when I threw them out the window so I could go back for 'em.

I resloved to be more patient on the road with other drivers, that one has woked well for me ~ rarely have "episodes" anymore :oops:

Last year I resolved to get and keep in contact with good friends I have lost contact with. That one didn't go so well. I have a hard time keeping up with anyone these days.

I have resolved to be more organized ~ that didn't work.....

I don't know what I'm gonna do this year.....

I usually resolve to quit smoking but it never lasts more than a few days. Guess I'll try it again this year. How's that for a commitment?

I quite smoking and all other forms of tobacco 2 + years ago, so I'm not making that one anymore.

It is now time however, to loose that 40 pounds that I gained since I quit smoking.

Just call me fat boy............

MistyMorning":2idmc579 said:
Crowderfarms":2idmc579 said:
My Wife says I'm perfect.... So what could there be to resolute? :shock:
:roll:

Oh and thanks for the heartfelt Christmas Greeting.

What one would that been? We've been exchanging them for days now. Maybe it was this one?

Roses are red, violets is blue,
Deposit 50 more cents
and Misty'll talk to you.

Roses are red
Violets are bluish
If it weren't for Christams
We'd all be Jewish ;-)

Benny Hill

MistyMorning":13h4gcwc said:
So now that the presents have been opened, too much food eaten and all the other trappings of Christmas are over, I was contemplating some New Years Resolutions. Was wondering if others made them too? Do you keep them or are they pretty much out the door in a couple of weeks?

I try not to let the roman calendar dictate when I should make resolutions to myself...... :p

I think I will write all my vices on pieces of paper thow them in a hat, draw one and work on that for a resolution. :roll: :help: :help:

mnmtranching":2xdn9uug said:
I think I will write all my vices on pieces of paper thow them in a hat, draw one and work on that for a resolution. :roll: :help: :help:

That might be fun trying to improve your vices. But why not just aopt some new ones? That would be a lot more fun

No point never stick to them, 2nd Jan and I'm back to square one. The only one never to be broken is.....Every one have a great and prosperous 2008, the only thing ever to change on that one is the year.

dun":zomc9iq9 said:
If you live a good virtuous life like I do you don;t need to make resolutions because there isn;t anything the change!

Oh, I think you could squeeze a few more ciggies in each day, might make it up to 10 packs! But you may want to alert the local fire department, wouldn't want them to confuse a 100 acre wildfire with you taking a smoke break!

cfpinz

angie2":2k9xfeyo said:
Roses are red
Violets are bluish
We'd all be Jewish ;-)

Benny Hill

My Father used to let me stay up late to watch Benny Hill with him. My Mother would pitch a fit. No wonder I'm warped.

My new years resolution will be to not loose my temper or raise my voice. I hope to keep this resolution atleast a couple of months :lol: .

Walt

1. try not to let channel surfers drive me nuts
2. not want to kill those motocycle fools racing on the highway
3. remember what its like to be young, so my son will live
4. hate walmart

It is my heart felt intention to wake up every morning and....

y'know now that I think about it that is pretty much what I would like to do every day this next year. Sell a few more cows, loose a few pounds, go for a walk everyday and of course make a few more friends.
Dave Mc

Txwalt":3a83sh4m said:
angie2":3a83sh4m said:
Roses are red
Violets are bluish
We'd all be Jewish ;-)

Benny Hill

My Father used to let me stay up late to watch Benny Hill with him. My Mother would pitch a fit. No wonder I'm warped.

My new years resolution will be to not loose my temper or raise my voice. I hope to keep this resolution atleast a couple of months :lol: .

Walt

I figured the Benny Hill quote would bring up a few memories....

I can't imagine you raising your voice or losing your temper.

Latest posts