New Website

Help Support CattleToday:

Santas and Duhram Reds

Reaction score
Me and my wife just created a new website. Tell us what you think.

www.missourimeadows.com

Also, for those who have already done this, could you give us some tips on how to make our site get recognized by google. Does it take time? We can find the site ourselves but we can not find it on a google search. No matter how specific we make our search, we still can't find it. We filled out the meta tags and everything.

I've found that as you get more hits your google rating increases and more of your traffic comes from there.
Posting the address here is a good start. It does take time. Bit like a snowball rolling downhill.

The overall look of the website was nice. I looked at it a couple of days ago.

Here is my suggestion: I am not sure what you are trying to do. Are you trying to sell something. Are you trying to show what you do to your friends.

Good luck

Like many other breeders, I am using this website as a vehicle to market my herd. I will be able to run ads with my website in it be a local paper, cattle publication, the internet, etc. It will also be posted where ever I may show. People will look at it out of curiousity or interest and it could potentially generate more sales. I tried to make it mildly informative so anyone that looks at it can also see that I have a plan and insight to how I am trying to achieve this plan. Have other cattle websites you have looked at in the past not been in this format? What is confusing?

One thing I do regret is that the calves aren't bigger, but its that time of year. I will update as they grow.

Santas and Duhram Reds":8k5228ge said:
Like many other breeders, I am using this website as a vehicle to market my herd. I will be able to run ads with my website in it be a local paper, cattle publication, the internet, etc. It will also be posted where ever I may show. People will look at it out of curiousity or interest and it could potentially generate more sales. I tried to make it mildly informative so anyone that looks at it can also see that I have a plan and insight to how I am trying to achieve this plan. Have other cattle websites you have looked at in the past not been in this format? What is confusing?

One thing I do regret is that the calves aren't bigger, but its that time of year. I will update as they grow.
I feel the most important thing about a website is keeping it current I hate going to a site and the last update was in 2006

Angus Cowman":1senlfue said:
I feel the most important thing about a website is keeping it current I hate going to a site and the last update was in 2006

I agree with AC 100%. Site looks nice. My wife is actually a programmer for the state of Louisiana. If you have any specific questions, I can ask her for you.

Actually, I do have a question. We ran a free SEO. Granted it was free so it probably is not the best, but it says one of our main key search words is John Goodman. We don't understand this. He is mentioned once and is certainly not the focus of our homepage. We have Santa Gertrudis in our Meta tag and mention it about 15+ in the home page it doesn't recognize it in the top ten keywords.

Looks good. It is a little general, I agree that is looks like information as opposed to you trying to sell some thing at this time. Also, I would make sure you have permission to use some of the wording you did from the original author... or just go ahead and do a quote.

I was careful to try and paraphrase most of it so I was not plagiarising. I also made links to the sites that I took information from. The main part that I did rip directly from is the attributes the Red Angus and Shorthorn contribute to the Durham Reds. I have found this same statement used on several sites. I don't know who the original author is. I will go back over it and see what might need to be cited and or rephrased.

Latest posts