New truck

Help Support CattleToday:

New head studs and an EGR delete and you are ready for a half million miles.

jltrent":19h8wbdl said:
Yep planning on doing that this summer. That was the only down side to it, was it hasn't had anything done to it.

farmboy80":2ndfipb0 said:
jltrent":2ndfipb0 said:
Yep planning on doing that this summer. That was the only down side to it, was it hasn't had anything done to it.

Good or bad depending on perspective. If you do the work at least you know exactly what went in.

A lot of "bullet proofed" trucks just have ebay studs, a cheap delete plate, and a tune.

Atimm693":31r45nfw said:
farmboy80":31r45nfw said:
jltrent":31r45nfw said:

Good or bad depending on perspective. If you do the work at least you know exactly what went in.

A lot of "bullet proofed" trucks just have ebay studs, a cheap delete plate, and a tune.
Yep that's true. Didn't think of it that way.
I looked at a few that was done that way.

farmboy80":3ory5635 said:
Atimm693":3ory5635 said:
farmboy80":3ory5635 said:

Yep that's true. Didn't think of it that way.
I looked at a few that was done that way.

Just don't pull heavy and hard till you get it bullet proofed. Ford made some changes later on that fixed the head gasket deal on the 6.0. About the time Ford got the 6.0 figured out they changed to the 6.4. Ford sure let everyone back into the diesel truck market with those two engines.

TennesseeTuxedo":2jzhpphr said:
jltrent":2jzhpphr said:
The Complete 6.0L Ford Powerstroke Diesel Solution by Rudy's Diesel Performance. This kit includes everything you will need to fix all the major problems with the 6.0L Diesel and make it nearly indestructible.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-0L-Ford-Solu ... XQq8BQ52ho

Our 7.3 doesn't need that right?
No 7.3's don't have all the egr "stuff". All the government involvement. Lol
7.3 should run forever, from what I've been told. My buddy had one that had over 600000 when he traded it off and was still running great.

Question for the "experts ". I'm only getting 8 mpg. Shouldn't it be getting better?
I pull a 12 foot box trailer everyday for work.
It has 20 inch wheels, could it be that it's reading miles wrong?
Would doing modifications (oil cooler, egr delete) help? Or putting straight pipe exhaust?

farmboy80":2zxfo8zs said:
Question for the "experts ". I'm only getting 8 mpg. Shouldn't it be getting better?
I pull a 12 foot box trailer everyday for work.
It has 20 inch wheels, could it be that it's reading miles wrong?
Would doing modifications (oil cooler, egr delete) help? Or putting straight pipe exhaust?

there is always a catch.

I think it will hurt your feelings if you actually calculate your true mileage. The truck estimate is usually higher.

farmboy80":3dtai670 said:
That is my mileage. The truck don't figure it, just has a trip gauge. Then I figured it off of that.

I'd get it checked out my 6.0 got 14 mpg highway and 11 mpg city. I had a 3.73 gear you might have 4.10?

Nice truck, had a 3/4 ton 6.0 with ladder rack and side boxes, got 22 miles per gallon, that motor was not designed to be chipped, traded mine in with over 240,000 miles never spent a dime on it, and bought it new.

Latest posts