New Truck - great deals out there

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigtmiller

Reaction score
Hi,
I just wanted to let everyone know, if you are looking for a new truck there are some great deals out there. If you are in position to buy a new truck, now is the time. I picked up a new 2008 Dodge 3500 Quad cab 4x4 big horn edition cummins diesel for $28,000. The sticker price was $48,000. A friend of mine picked up a 09 3500 for 31,000. I have heard of the same deals with Ford also. The only one who seems to not be dealing is GM. So before you go and buy a half ton for the same price, check out some of these leftover diesels. Get a heck of a lot more truck or the same or slightly more money. Plus diesel fuel is supposed to drop lower than gas by summer. I am getting 18.5mpg, hand calculated on my 6.7l dodge cummins. So skip all the Nissans, toyotas, and look at the american trucks first. No foreign truck can hold a candle to the US heavy duty trucks.

true, but with the lower prices of new trucks comes lower quality control also, some trucks will be fine, some will have problems, get the extended waranty for sure when you buy a new truck.

I found a used 09 F250 with 3,500 miles for the same amount as a new 09 focus.

But I would not get anything that was connected to GM right now. I'm saying this biased off some of the resent news articles that I have read in the papers. The way I read them it looks like they will be going under around July with a chapter 11 unless someone bails them out. The thought of what happens to spare parts, resale value, warranties, and the recalls that will happen I do not want to be to far into that mess.

I have has my doge truck in 2 papers for the last 2 months but no one is willing to pay book value on it yet. I'm asking book value. It has a bunch of factory upgrades that are usefully on the farm and have $6,000 in a lighting system, brush guard, and a custom center console.

As far as diesel dropping in the summer I don't think it will happen. I think it will go up. With some of the plant upgrades that need to be made there will need to be made for the EPA will increase the cost.