new trailer... what do you think?

Help Support CattleToday:

Congrats on the trailer. Looks like a good multi-use trailer. Looks like it has a channel on the back for ramps? I have a similar trailer and my only problem was I would always dent up the fenders when I would back my skid loader on it because it was a tight squeeze. I ended up building 1/4" fenders for it with a big gusset inbetween the tires and then it was fine. I could even drive over them then if i needed to. Nice trailer though, good choice with the 8 lug rims and the Radial tires are much better than bias ply.

How wide is your skidsteer??? or how are you driving it? this one is 83" across the inside of the fenders, and the fenders are made of 3/16th plate I think. I do have the ramps for it, but I didn't want the under-deck storage since it would lower the tail a lot and I'd probably end up dragging it quite often, my hitch is relatively high as well (so I don't knock the jack off). That's actually my only complaint about the trailer is where they put the jack... it's right at the front of the deck, I'd have rather had it a foot or so in front of the deck on the tongue, but maybe I'll cut it off and reweld it myself at some point if it bugs me too much... I really like the LED lights, it was definitely worth getting them factory installed, Up here they want $70 just for the strip of 3 lights at the center of the tail.. I really feel like I take it where the sun don't shine up here.... They want $25 for a LED marker light when a standard one is only $5

The radial tires were a freebie upgrade, I definitely thanked him for it.

On my 100 mile trip back home I couldn't feel the trailer behind me at all, though it was a real PITA doing christmas shopping in the city dragging that thing around.

Nesikep, I like your trailer....because it low! I have a flat bed but it's higher and then I run my tractor on it and oh $hit!!! It get's a little hairy. Wish I had a lower trailer like yours. Plus, you have the thinga ma jigs on the side to attach sideboards if needed. Good pick! Now, all those panels you have in the background? I can see you have no use for them and I would gladly come pick them up up if you like, to get them out of your way!

I know what you mean about driving up ramps onto a high trailer james, I like a lower trailer for that reason also. I also think LED lights are the way to go. They don't draw near as much juice from your truck and also look cool. My skid loader is 80" across the tires but about 84" across if I have my grouser tracks on, my trailer is just over 84" between fenders. It's a tight squeeze. I also have an old oliver s77 wide front end I have to run one of the front wheels over the fender to load it. My original fenders weren't very heavy thats why I went with 1/4 inch but 3/16 should be plenty heavy especially if you can stay off them.

James, those are all for sale, the pic was taken at the dealership where I bought the trailer

My only serious complaint about this trailer is that the paint job is CRAP, I'm going to have to repaint it soon so it doesn't show rust everywhere after a year, apparently all trailer paint jobs are garbage

None intended, but that's what I'm hearing about Big Tex and a whack of other manufacturers

And BTW Southern Alabama probably doesn't have much for road salt which we have up here ;)

No we don't get much salt on the roads down here. But we do sale a lot of trailers north of the mason dixon and haven't had any complaints. :cowboy:

My beautiful bride bought me a reversible GN hitch for my truck for my Christmas present. I'm most impressed she did it without me knowing and bought the correct one. Now I gotta get it installed along with a Tekonsha brake controller I also got from my wife. Thankfully any of my many mistakes last year weren't particularly memorible. Now I can start looking for my GN flat bed trailer.

Nice looking rig and trailer.

I have a tekonsha brake controller, I'm not impressed with it (mine's just analog). I'd like to get a better one, especially if it has the option of a manual override that I could put on the gearshift since reaching down isn't handy to override it. I find at low speeds it's WAY too aggressive when you have it set to a reasonable level for highway driving.

Sent in my complaint about 5 minutes ago, I'll see what sort of reply I get by friday

I have used a few brake controllers over the years and can say without a doubt that the tekonsha prodigy is the best hands down. It is about double the price of the others but well worth it. It has a digital display and 3 levels of aggressiveness and other features i cant explain such as when you are almost stopped it will slowly back off the brakes rather than locking them up like every other controller. It also has a mounting bracket and plug which makes it easily moved from truck to truck. I would recommend this controller to anyone.

I have to do bumper-pull with my Dodge. Soon after I got it, it acquired a shell, and I'd be hard-pressed to get rid of it -- it's just too darn handy when you have to deal with small stuff. And they really aren't made to take them on and off and on and off.

I'm looking for a bumper-pull flat-bed, too -- 10 K. Step-son has the goose-neck set-up and a trailer, but he often has other things to do.