New tractors; current dealer cost site?

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
Looking at buying a new tractor, money doesn't get any cheaper than 0%. In the past when I have purchased new car, I could get dealer cost on the car and know what the dealers low end is. Just looking for the best deal out there. Is there a web site that I can get an idea of dealer cost, less shipping and set up fees.

Thanks,
Alan

Alan":35zkaaj5 said:
Looking at buying a new tractor, money doesn't get any cheaper than 0%. In the past when I have purchased new car, I could get dealer cost on the car and know what the dealers low end is. Just looking for the best deal out there. Is there a web site that I can get an idea of dealer cost, less shipping and set up fees.

Thanks,
Alan

Alan, my feeling about 0% is that there is no such thing. One way or another the interest gets paid. Unless you really need the tractor don't get sucked in; if you do; go for it.

The 0% comes from the manufactor not the dealer. So it does not effect the dealers profit margin at all. It's simply a tool to get folks to buy a new tractor (or call)... dealers make the same amount either way. Although new tractors are not cheap so I'm sure the manufactors are still doing okay... better than GM :roll:

Alan

Alan you are correct about the 0%. I bought a new tractor last year I could not believe it when the dealer would say same to finance or pay cash. Then one of the dealers told me it was from the factory and financing was included when the go them to the lot.

hillrancher":1n57ueid said:
Alan you are correct about the 0%. I bought a new tractor last year I could not believe it when the dealer would say same to finance or pay cash. Then one of the dealers told me it was from the factory and financing was included when the go them to the lot.

I was told the same thing but I decided to pay the tractor off early and called for the payoff. My early payoff was less than what the total of coupon book showed. I asked the person about this and they said it was due to interest. :?:

I see JD is advertising in magazines 0% interest for 48 months or a free rotary mower or other implement or front end attachment worth up to $3000.

ga. prime":nbru6641 said:
I see JD is advertising in magazines 0% interest for 48 months or a free rotary mower or other implement or front end attachment worth up to $3000.

Yea, I saw the JD at 48 months also, Im looking at them and Kubota who has 0% for 60 months. I've used Kubota as well as JD in the past. LIke them both about the same... Kubota is about $4000 cheaper. But 0% isn't 0% if the dealer jacks the price too much... meaning which is the better deal, $26,000 at 0% or $22,000 at 4%?... and yes the answer is an easy one to figure out, just would like to know the dealer cost.

Thanks,
Alan

ga. prime":37ta5508 said:

Ga. prime, I hear what people are saying about 0% but I still believe that tractor can be bought for less cash money if you don't opt for the "free" attachment. They won't come off their price the full $3000 because they don't have that much actual cost in the attachment, but they will come off some amount. IMHO

Alan,

Your best bet is to offer the dealer $X over their cost, and ask to see their invoice. You won't actually find a farm equipment website with costs, as they fluctuate (sometimes wildly) throughout the year on most pieces of equipment. Many dealers won't know true cost until the date of sale, as they'll have discounts applied at that time. And each dealer will have a different cost based on volume (discounts).

Rod

Latest posts