New Tractor Decision

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep":3jwnzu1g said:
I'd look at the weight.. there's no replacement for weight if you have to push stuff like manure... if you're just lifting bales, you'll want the final drives to be heavy for counterweight, if you pull big 3 pt hitch stuff, you'll need weight up front too. A longer tractor will do better for weight balance but comes at the price of turning radius...
Do you really need a 4wd tractor to lift round bales? Our neighbor has 100 cows to feed and uses old 80HP JD 2wd's (2240's I think) all winter. Warranty is nice, I'll say that, but I find I get better bang for my buck having a couple older tractors that have specific duties..

Been there on having a couple older tractors. OK if you can get parts and have the big wrenchs.
Bought a 5075 out of ND for $21K. Hard to beat in the snow, but it is short and really light. Almost rolled it before I got the tires filled, and it is still lighter than the old girls.

i priced the rear wheel weights from my local bota dealer at $2.25 a lb.but id have wheel wei than fluid in my tires.because once your tires get a leak the fluid will come pouring out. causing a big pain to fix.

I bought a case 75 hp about 8 years ago brand new from dealer. it is mfwd and it had a loader. $27500 with no cab. I have loved this tractor. A friend of mine up the road has a new holland tn 75 about the same year model. he is heavey equipment mechanic and swears the Case is a better tractor even though they are basically the same tractor. He says Case is built on a heavier chassis, and it has a 4 cylinder instead of the tree cylinder with turbo. The difference is the case is built on the same frame as the TN 90 which is a beefier frame than what the tn 75 was built on. He said it seems case was built with weight and hp ratio in mind. Also Case was about $4000 cheaper than NH or Kubota.

ifarm26":3go3fdo4 said:
I bought a case 75 hp about 8 years ago brand new from dealer. it is mfwd and it had a loader. $27500 with no cab. I have loved this tractor. A friend of mine up the road has a new holland tn 75 about the same year model. he is heavey equipment mechanic and swears the Case is a better tractor even though they are basically the same tractor. He says Case is built on a heavier chassis, and it has a 4 cylinder instead of the tree cylinder with turbo. The difference is the case is built on the same frame as the TN 90 which is a beefier frame than what the tn 75 was built on. He said it seems case was built with weight and hp ratio in mind. Also Case was about $4000 cheaper than NH or Kubota.

The big difference is a lot of Case have a Perkins versus a Fiat power plant.
Those Perkins diesels are heavy. I have an old Massey 60 hp that out weighs today's 75 hp tractors.
The TN 75 had a 4 cylinder as well http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractor ... -tn75.html