New tractor and Grapple question!

Help Support CattleToday:

Looks like a pretty decent loader there wbvs58... but it seems like *EVERY* loader that has seen any use always breaks on the lower side of the forearms,... should I ever win the lottery and I buy a new one, I'm going to weld a strap on it before it happens!.

Around here a grapple is usually a bit like a 4 in 1 bucket, but not designed for doing any dirt, it has usually 2 or more curved tines that come on the bottom, and a curved clamshell that fits between them.

On our little JD 350B crawler loader I want to make a clamshell that gets welded onto the bucket, I can't afford a 4in1, but even if it's not super duty it would really help with picking up piles of straw/manure in corners of the corral, without pushing the corral over!

Before you buy a nh or case less than 70 hp. Look at LS. I bought a LS XR4046h a year ago with a grapple, bucket spear etc. Been very happy and they have a five year warranty. Oh btw LS makes the nh and case.

danl":gv56h2ts said:
Before you buy a nh or case less than 70 hp. Look at LS. I bought a LS XR4046h a year ago with a grapple, bucket spear etc. Been very happy and they have a five year warranty. Oh btw LS makes the nh and case.

i think its the other way around.i know NH owns case.but i dont know about LS.

Neither.

LS has a license to import NH and sell them as LS NH, but neither actually owns the other.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LS_Tractors

Myself, I would be quite hesitant to buy an off-brand tractor. One of the local pre-owned car joints with locations in 3 towns carries a line of small tractors. Can't think of the brand name now. Might be OK in a situation like that if you have a reliable local dealer within reasonal distance. When I look at the dealer locator for Mahindra for instance the closest dealer is a least a couple hundred miles away :???:

the Case / IH I was referring to are from the 80's, US or UK built. They have good heavy front ends that can handle rough ground with a load on the bucket.. I've heard some horror stories about the casting quality of the offshore built (Including JD) tractors...

A tractor is a long term investment, will the LS brand still be around in 30 years? John Deere will be there with parts, Kubota will be there with a few parts, NH-Case is anyone's guess on parts and service. IMO

I didn't mean to imply that LS owned Case or NH. LS is ultimately owned by LG, they are one of the biggest companies in the world. LS builds anything smaller than 60 or 70 hp for those two companies, not sure which.

After reading alot about the company I ended up buying one, I may be wrong but I think the will be one of the top 3 or 4 tractor companies in the US in the next few years.
Also I have a dealer 15 miles from my house, who has been in business for 30 something years. (not selling LS of course) all this is jmho....

Latest posts