New Toy

Help Support CattleToday:

What day do I need to be there
Give me about a week and get the electronics down and come on.
The troll motor talks with Ethernet to the bow depth finder to the console one that will monitor your outboard performance as well. You can program an i pilot in and never touch the troll motor while fishing a structure.
After crappie it's got live active target so you can view the fish in the brush top. No fish in that one move on to the next one.
Notice all the video games do not catch fish!

I fished Galveston and Trinity bay a many a day in a cypress boat powered by a 1957 18 HP Johnson Seahorse.
Mainly bass fish now .We have come a long way.

My grandfather ran from Corpus Christi down the KR shoreline to the land cut in wooden Vannoy boats. Now they have to have $80, 100K+ boats to do it.

CB, that stuff is pretty handy now days. I don't lake fish but the ipilot and stuff on the bay is awesome. It will drift your same tracts, ancor you, etc. When we wade my buddies raise the power poles and drive the boats behind us with the trolling motors. The boats are never more than 50 yds or so at most behind us on a long wade.

My grandfather ran from Corpus Christi down the KR shoreline to the land cut in wooden Vannoy boats. Now they have to have $80, 100K+ boats to do it.

CB, that stuff is pretty handy now days. I don't lake fish but the ipilot and stuff on the bay is awesome. It will drift your same tracts, ancor you, etc. When we wade my buddies raise the power poles and drive the boats behind us with the trolling motors. The boats are never more than 50 yds or so at most behind us on a long wade.
I love chasing the reds and trout. With the limits now, time traveling and fuel it's cheaper to hire a guide out of Hackberry.

It looks fast.

Ken
By the book it will run 50 mph, that's actually pretty slow to some rigs my fishing partners run. Look up some footage when they turn loose a tournament.
One has one that will run close to 70 mph.
I cruse about 30 mph if you ever see me running 50 mph something is after me.

By the book it will run 50 mph, that's actually pretty slow to some rigs my fishing partners run. Look up some footage when they turn loose a tournament.
One has one that will run close to 70 mph.
I cruse about 30 mph if you ever see me running 50 mph something is after me.
30 mph is pretty fast on water CB especially if there are a few ripples. Maximises your fishing time I guess.

Ken

I love chasing the reds and trout. With the limits now, time traveling and fuel it's cheaper to hire a guide out of Hackberry.
Ya. I like catching even if I throw them back. I know a lot of people are pretty disappointed with the low limits but the freeze did hit it hard. We have seen significantly lower fish numbers and sizes... but still the same amount of people. You can still catch fish no doubt but it's not the same.

We used a home made 14ft Jon boat when I was young. Fished only the river and only as far as 2 of us could paddle.
Fish upstream from where ya put in, then you can always drift back downstream to your vehicle.. unless you're on the S. Llano river down near Junction Tx, where you have to paddle both directions lots of the time.

Decades ago, when I was around 13, a neighbor had my dad build him a little boat out of 2 1948 car hoods. Just to paddle out and check his crab traps. I guess it worked ok till his old Desoto's emergency brake failed and it ended up in the San Jacinto river under the I-10/US 90 bridge just East of Channelview. My dad had to go pull it out, then neighbor paid him to pull all the upholstery out and try to get the smell of that brackish water out.

Some of the guys I fish against use their spot lock at the ramp. They launch their boat, pull up to the dock and get out then remotely move their boat out to allow others to use the dock while they go park the truck. When thats done, they return to the dock and bring their boat back to pick them up. At the end of the day they do the same in reverse.

Latest posts