NEW TOY PICS ADDED

Help Support CattleToday:

S&WSigma40VEShooter

Reaction score
I am excited.

I just bought a Kubota UTV 500-H with everything listed below. As you can see it retails with everything I wanted for 9,866.00. Since I have brought about 100,000 dollars worth of business to the dealer where I got it they let me have everything for 8,100 with 0 down and 0% interest for 48 months. Im happy I got such a good bargain as the guy sold my two neighbors one yesterday with less options for 8,500.00. I will have pictures as soon as it is delivered.

RTV500-H WEB QUOTE
Date: September 5, 2009
Standard Features –
GASOLINE ENGINE
Model # RTV500-H
2 cyl, 4 cycle OHC
Water cooled
Electronic fuel injection (EFI)
27.8 cu. in.
15.8 Gross Eng HP

TRANSMISSION
Variable Hydro Transmission
Forward Speeds:
Low 0 - 10 mph
High 0 - 25 mph
Reverse 0 - 10 mph
Rear differential lock

FLUID CAPACITY
Fuel Tank 5.0 gal
Cooling TBA
Crankcase TBA
Transmission TBA
Brake Fluid TBA

TIRES AND WHEELS
Heavy Duty F 24 x 9 - 12, 6 ply
R 24 x 11 - 12, 6 ply
DIMENSIONS
Width 54.7 in
Height 72.0 in
Length 105.9 in
Wheelbase 70.9 in
Tow Capacity 1102 lbs

Ground Clearance F/R 8.1 in/6.8 in
CARGO BOX
Width 40.6 in
Length 33.7 in
Depth 11.4 in
Load Capacity 441 lbs
Vol. Capacity 9.0 cu ft

OPERATING FEATURES
Rack and Pinion Steering
VHT Transmission
Front Independent Suspension
Rear Semi-independent
Suspension
Brakes - Front/Rear Dry Disc
Rear Brake Lights / Front
Headlights

SAFETY EQUIPMENT
OSHA 1928.52 ROPS and seat belt
Rear Wheel Hand Parking Brake
Spark Arrestor Muffler
Sound Level - Operator's Ear 83
dBA
@ max. rpms

CUSTOM OPTIONS
RTV500-H Base Price: $8,999.00

PLASTIC CANOPY / RTV500
V4321-PLASTIC CANOPY / RTV500
$209.00

LOWER WINDSHIELD PANEL FOR RTV500
V4315-LOWER WINDSHIELD PANEL FOR
RTV500
$137.00

WINDSHIELD (GLASS) / RTV500
V4316-WINDSHIELD (GLASS) / RTV500
$336.00

CARGO SCREEN (NET)/ RTV500
V4350-CARGO SCREEN (NET)/ RTV500
$155.00

TRAILER HITCH / RTV500
V4349-TRAILER HITCH / RTV500
$30.00

Suggested List Price w/ Options: $9,866.00

I drove one yesterday, would really like to replace an old ATV but will probably run it til it totally dies. They had a John Deere XUV Gator at our filed day Thursday and I drove it which made me want to compare the Kubota. They priced it for about $8000 just a standard unit. Let me know how you like it.

tom4018":1anvvmg1 said:
I drove one yesterday, would really like to replace an old ATV but will probably run it til it totally dies. They had a John Deere XUV Gator at our filed day Thursday and I drove it which made me want to compare the Kubota. They priced it for about $8000 just a standard unit. Let me know how you like it.

Tom,

I drove the John Deere. The people there would not cut me a deal even though my credit score was 811. This place I got the Kubota I have bought a tractor and equipment there and have referred others who have bought tractors and equipment. I could not beat the price with a stick. I shopped around for the two and it just seemed to me that the Kubota was just so much better made. I also like the electronic fuel injection which means it should start pretty good in the winter time with no have to screw around with the carb to get it to start.

tom4018":3i7vc5y3 said:
Just puchased the Polaris Ranger XD---Well worth looking at !!!! :wave:

talldog":1gjuo445 said:
tom4018":1gjuo445 said:

I looked at one. Unfortunately it was out of my price range. The polaris dealer here wanted about 11,000 for one with a windshield. I said no thanks.

S&WSigma40VEShooter":3ha53odk said:
talldog":3ha53odk said:
tom4018":3ha53odk said:

I looked at one. Unfortunately it was out of my price range. The polaris dealer here wanted about 11,000 for one with a windshield. I said no thanks.

A piece of plexi-glass works well and is pretty cheap. I bought a new 2008 Ranger back in Februrary that the dealer had picked up at an auction. It had started at $9500, but ended up at $8000 for it. If you look for deals, you can find them!

She got delivered yesterday. I've been driving it around the farm. Extremely quiet, rides good and you dont feel every bump in your back or legs, easy to turn with the power steering I love it thus far.

S&WSigma40VEShooter":3r9r2ju7 said:
She got delivered yesterday. I've been driving it around the farm. Extremely quiet, rides good and you dont feel every bump in your back or legs, easy to turn with the power steering I love it thus far.

Power steering? The 500 does not have power steering. :???:

tom4018":ar6xlh4h said:
S&WSigma40VEShooter":ar6xlh4h said:

Power steering? The 500 does not have power steering. :???:

I meant rack and pinion.

tom4018":1lg4xxrk said:
How does it feel on power, loaded pulling a hill?

It feels like it has ample power. It was more slippery than owl doo doo out at the farm yesterday and there was standing water in some places. I went through a muddy creep bed, up a muddy hill, and through all the standing water in the pasture in hi 2wd and it never once acted like it was going to get stuck. It feels like it has a lot of torque to. Granted it is not as fast as my 4 wheeler that I had but this deal gets the job done and can haul more. Those heavy duty tires on it dont mar up the pasture either. I took it through the woods yesterday to and a couple creeks. It took everything I gave it and then some. Granted I didnt abuse it by going as fast as it would go but I did take it "off roading" a bit and it was fine never once had to use 4wd or lock the differentials or even put it in low gear.

Not sure if they have fixed it or not but there use to be problems with the Kubotas not spinning the tires when put in a bind. Had to do with the way the belts worked in the drive line... I believe. If you are just using it to ride around and light work you will probably never notice. Just be aware in sand or on ledges that they use to bind up easily.

Brute 23":1a286leu said:
Not sure if they have fixed it or not but there use to be problems with the Kubotas not spinning the tires when put in a bind. Had to do with the way the belts worked in the drive line... I believe. If you are just using it to ride around and light work you will probably never notice. Just be aware in sand or on ledges that they use to bind up easily.

It has a beltless tranny I do belive. No sand and fortunately no ledges around here. Thanks for the heads up though.

According to this it says no need to adjust belt drives. I assume that means beltless?

http://www.kubota.com/f/products/rtv500 ... atures.pdf

Competitive comparison.
http://www.kubota.com/f/products/rtv500 ... 0_Comp.pdf

Brute 23":1d7gedvl said:
Thats right. That is what causes it, the hydrostatic trany. Most likely you will never see it happen but if you are loaded down with feed or some thing keep your momentum.

Ill do it. Really the only thing Id be hauling would be buckets of feed, a couple bags of minerals, and maybe a square bale of hay to take to cows that have just calved. Other than that I wouldnt really be hauling much unless you count my 340 pound butt lol.

Brute 23":3917rv4g said:
Your good. :D Congrats. You will love it, they are really handy.

I love it thus far. It is loads of fun and convenient. It also doesnt mar up the pasture like the truck did.

Kubotartv50001.jpg

Kubotartv5002.jpg

KubotaRTV5003.jpg

KubotaRTV5004.jpg

Congrats on the new purchase. I bought the Kubota RTV1100 last year and have been very pleased with it. The 1100 has the hydrostatic transmission as well and it has never caused any problems. I have used it for hauling wood, dirt, and feed and it never stops. In high gear it seems to have very little torque for climbing but in low it is unstoppable when loaded. I would not be afraid to buy Kubota again based on this experience.

One of my neighbors bought the same unit this week. He seems to like it fine. Another neighbor has two RTV 900's. They are tough little rigs.

fitz.

Latest posts