NEw to me tractor and question

Help Support CattleToday:

saltbranch

Reaction score
Just made a deal on this little MF 230 with shredder and trailer. How do I go about finding a FEL to fit this machine? Any good aftermarket brands? How exactly do I go about picking a FEL for it? I have always bought tractors with FEL.

There are several that will fit if you already have external hydraulics it will be cheaper.
Had a Long on my 265 got tired of rebuilding the front end and took it off and sold it.
Mine is a 77 model I really don't think Massey really designed them for a FEL

Congrats on the tractor and I would agree with CB theres a bunch that will fit however the rebuilding of the front end sucks... I have FEL on 2wd tractors but I prefer FEL on 4wd tractors

I agree with the others on putting a loader on that little MF. Front ends on that era MF weren't really up to loader work. For what you would spend on a loader and buying/fabricating mounts to fit, your efforts might be better directed into finding a decent used small skid steer :idea:

Just priced a new loader for a 6610 ford tractor they wanted 6500$ for loader bucket and hay spear. That was the total cost with installation. Needless to say Iam not buying it.

Salt pretty sure you're going to have to add the front hydraulic pump on that tractor. I have a mf231 with the 232 loader. Has the auxiliary pump. Been considering saying bye to it.......maybe.

OK, well after reviewing advice and the price of a FEL...I am happy without a FEL. The FEL cost as much or more than I paid for the tractor,shredder,trailer. I may just keep the sprayer hooked up on this most of the time as its a PITA to hookup/unhook. I still have a 60hp with FEL so all is not lost. THx for the advice/help

Latest posts