New to me cattle trailer............

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
Went to a farm auction yesterday and put a bid in on this 20' aluminum trailer an won. Are these any good like this?

BhBjWKl.jpg

No, they are junk. I should com get it out of your way before it falls apart!

Seriously, fix any cracked welds as soon as you find them and you will get many years of service out of it. Nice find.

Kingfisher":1e8sqhgu said:
I like it! What's it weigh?
I couldn't find a weight on it, but I believe it pulls easier than the 20' Featherlite I use to have.

Here is the invoice, but the buyers premium shot the price on up there. It looks good and the floor is clean.

UB04Vgv.jpg

jltrent":xfq4b2bt said:
Kingfisher":xfq4b2bt said:
I couldn't find a weight on it, but I believe it pulls easier than the 20' Featherlite I use to have.

Here is the invoice, but the buyers premium shot the price on up there. It looks good and the floor is clean.

UB04Vgv.jpg
Only around $5,000 more than you could have hired the cattle hauled for the next 10 years. :hide:

kenny thomas":p0drti11 said:
jltrent":p0drti11 said:
Kingfisher":p0drti11 said:

Only around $5,000 more than you could have hired the cattle hauled for the next 10 years. :hide:
Thanks Kenny you know how to make somebody feel good :cry: I may take it back.......

I have never seem machinery go so cheap. An 8540 Kubota 4x4 loader cab went for 26k, Vermeer TM700 disc mower went for $2800, almost new 18' Vermeer tedder wnt for $3600, almost new Kuhn 8'10" disc mower went for $4800 and on an on an on. That feller gave his equipment and farm away.

kenny thomas":3tvjrigg said:
I figured stuff would be too high so I didn't even go. Do u remember what the 10ft land pride brought?
Eddie Thomas was there he will probably know for sure, but I believe somewhere between $4500-$5000. A nice MF 362 tractor $4500. They almost gave away a nice MF165 and MF 135. I have never seen a lot of almost new good equipment go so cheap. It seemed like nobody would bid. I am still kicking myself for not getting the tedder. Ray Snodgrass go the rake, probaby a 9k rake for $4600 almost new.

Good price for what looks like a good unit.
I bought a trailer because it was costing me close to $800 to get a load (18) calves to the barn.. All said and done I have $5k into my trailer that's a flatdeck too.. I'm certainly money ahead in the long run and don't have to depend on someone else to haul.

Bigfoot":1mk52um1 said:
That's the opposite of what I would expect at a sale.
Things seem to be really stale here. Interest in cattle has really went down as the prices went down. The up and down of calf prices with no price difference in the inputs has made a huge difference. One,difference here is hardly anyone does it,for a living. Its a second job and it isn't making much money.

kenny thomas":r1pa9w86 said:
Bigfoot":r1pa9w86 said:
That's the opposite of what I would expect at a sale.
Things seem to be really stale here. Interest in cattle has really went down as the prices went down. The up and down of calf prices with no price difference in the inputs has made a huge difference. One,difference here is hardly anyone does it,for a living. Its a second job and it isn't making much money.

time to make a trip to VA to soem auctions :lol2:

Nice looking trailer. I'd love to have an open side one like that to use in the summer here, ours has the closed sides with two vents at the top and a small one at the bottom. Nice for 3 months out of the year, but I'd just as soon have a pipe trailer the other 9.

Sure is pretty and green down your way, starting to dry up here.

Latest posts