New to Angus

Help Support CattleToday:

coachg

Reaction score
My son and I picked up our 6 bred registered Angus heifers today from a local breeder. Always been a Shorthorn man but I am excited about the prospects with these girls. This is my first post so mainly wanted to say hello ! coachg in Alabama :cboy:

coachg":18u6lfvq said:
My son and I picked up our 6 bred registered Angus heifers today from a local breeder. Always been a Shorthorn man but I am excited about the prospects with these girls. This is my first post so mainly wanted to say hello ! coachg in Alabama :cboy:

Welcome to Team Angus Coach! You picked a winning breed for sure.

Oh and welcome to Cattle Today as well.

:welcome:

coachg":1hq5utad said:

:welcome: Red or Black?

That would be black Angus and it would be a big War Eagle ! Looking to get a good foundation of momma cows and then looking to go the black baldie route. Not looking to raise registered stock like my dad and I did with our shorthorn a few years back. I have researched a lot of the breeds and think angus females will work best for our area and what we want to do with them. Probably not the best time price wise to get back in but am excited to get back in the cattle business with my youngest son. He is a civil engineer and works in Arkansas drilling natural gas wells. I am proud of the man he has become and hope I can keep up my end of the partnership.