New Thread - Immigration

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
Vince

We don't need Israelis guarding our border. We don't need a wall. Those who employ illegals should be prosecuted.

Illegal Mexican immigrants come to the United States for employment. The illegals are being employed so they keep coming. Those who employ illegals are the energy that runs the immigration problem. Agriculture is a big employer of illegals.

Background: The US Government is not serious about stopping the employment of illegal migrant workers for several reasons. Politics and resources are fundamentally the problem.

The ineffectiveness of current employer sanctions for illegal hiring. This allows immigrants who are in the country illegally to easily find jobs. There are three reasons for this ineffectiveness—the absence of reliable mechanisms for verifying employment eligibility, inadequate funding of interior immigration enforcement, and the absence of political will due to labor needs to the United States economy. For example, it is unlawful to knowingly hire an illegal immigrant, but according to Judith Gans, there are no reliable mechanisms in place for employers to verify that the immigrants' papers are authentic.

M-5":2mhqocld said:
Being authentic may be a issue but there are procedures in place. I highly doubt you have ever filed out a I-9 since you were employed by the government.

What I have or have not done has nothing to do with it.

There is something illogical about building a wall to keep people out that you want to employ. If you don't want them, then stop employing them.

Bright Raven":3p00x6jw said:
M-5":3p00x6jw said:
Being authentic may be a issue but there are procedures in place. I highly doubt you have ever filed out a I-9 since you were employed by the government.

There is something illogical about building a wall to keep people out that you want to employ. If you don't want them, then stop employing them.
I have no problems with folks coming here to work legally. But we need to know who's in our county, why there here and for how long.
Do you feel Israel does a good job at securing it's borders?

Bright Raven":1oasuy3h said:
M-5":1oasuy3h said:

I don't employee them, But you lecturing someone on hiring practices is kinda odd

True Grit Farms":3a8c57u8 said:
Bright Raven":3a8c57u8 said:
M-5":3a8c57u8 said:

I have no problems with folks coming here to work legally. But we need to know who's in our county, why there here and for how long.

They do. I have been a student of Israeli national security for 50 years. Their operations are some of the best the world has ever seen.

Their security needs are not the same as ours. The primary issue here is illegals coming into the country for employment not to destabilize our nation. Our issue is the financial burden that illegals place on social programs.

Bright Raven":289l559p said:
True Grit Farms":289l559p said:
Bright Raven":289l559p said:

They do. I have been a student of Israeli national security for 50 years. Their operations are some of the best the world has ever seen.

Their security needs are not the same as ours. The primary issue here is illegals coming into the country for employment not to destabilize our nation. Our issue is the financial burden that illegals place on social programs.

While I agree with your position on not employing illegals, I disagree about the destabilization aspect. Their intention may not be to destabilize, but the burden placed on our social programs and healthcare is tremendous and one could argue that also destabilizes our nation, at least fiscally.

M-5":3r41puck said:
Bright Raven":3r41puck said:
M-5":3r41puck said:

I don't employee them, But you lecturing someone on hiring practices is kinda odd

I don't either Darryl. I hire a couple local hillbillies every now and then to maybe stack a couple hundred square bales in the shop or do odd jobs I am too old and frail for. I would say that puts us in about the same category. Don't you hire a couple guys now and then to pack your shingles. Lol

Bright Raven":gfcrmf0o said:
M-5":gfcrmf0o said:
Bright Raven":gfcrmf0o said:

I don't either Darryl. I hire a couple local hillbillies every now and then to maybe stack a couple hundred square bales in the shop or do odd jobs I am too old and frail for. I would say that puts us in about the same category. Don't you hire a couple guys now and then to pack your shingles. Lol

I have hired Hundreds of employees Ron , that's hundred with an S. And unlike folks that just show up and do a specific task . I have to follow all the legalities and make sure all the paperwork and documents are in order. There is not many categories that we would be the same in.

M-5":3lw4b6q4 said:
Bright Raven":3lw4b6q4 said:
M-5":3lw4b6q4 said:

I have hired Hundreds of employees Ron , that's hundred with an S. And unlike folks that just show up and do a specific task . I have to follow all the legalities and make sure all the paperwork and documents are in order. There is not many categories that we would be the same in.

Maybe a bad joke but just a joke. I admire your accomplishments. Seriously. Don't be offended. Ron

We are Mexico's welfare system.
You can't blame someone trying to improve their families lives. No jobs or welfare no illegals. We are incentivizing the problem.

Bright Raven":1n31j4di said:
Vince

We don't need Israelis guarding our border. We don't need a wall. Those who employ illegals should be prosecuted.

Illegal Mexican immigrants come to the United States for employment. The illegals are being employed so they keep coming. Those who employ illegals are the energy that runs the immigration problem. Agriculture is a big employer of illegals.

They same argument could be made for the govt enabling the problem. They funnel just as much money to them thru welfare programs as any one.

... and don't underestimate the restaurant industry, lawn care, house cleaning, construction, etc hiring them. Its not just agriculture.

Brute 23":ynw2woey said:
Bright Raven":ynw2woey said:
Vince

They same argument could be made for the govt enabling the problem. They funnel just as much money to them thru welfare programs as any one.

... and don't underestimate the restaurant industry, lawn care, house cleaning, construction, etc hiring them. Its not just agriculture.
In our area, the largest employer of the undocumented is the Koch Brothers. Kind of ironic.

Caustic Burno":304schww said:
We are Mexico's welfare system.
You can't blame someone trying to improve their families lives. No jobs or welfare no illegals. We are incentivizing the problem.

Exactly. It is ironic that we throw out the bait and then complain because the mice show up!!!

Crap. Why waste money on a wall. Stop the illegal employment and social services. I hate to see anything living suffer but if we provide the social services, they will come!

bird dog":27blkuce said:
Raven wrote "the absence of reliable mechanisms for verifying employment eligibility"

Have you never heard of E-Verify? Does it not worked. My employer has used it for years.

https://www.e-verify.gov

No. I have not heard of it but it is apparent that our government either cannot or doesn't want to stop illegal immigration.

In Kentucky, most of the illegals are employed as temporary workers on a seasonal basis. I doubt any of them are screened by any type of program like e-verify.

If one believes that a job is bait, it has to be remembered it works both ways.

They wouldn't have been illegally hired, if they weren't illegally here to begin with.

greybeard":1znsmmxv said:

They wouldn't have been illegally hired, if they weren't illegally here to begin with.

Just telling them not to come isn't going to work, but you can not throw out the bait.

greybeard":2l9k4b6i said:

Would you think a physical barrier would help with this?? Maybe an electric fence, or a moat with alligators .

Latest posts