New Study - Give Me a Break!

Help Support CattleToday:

msscamp

Reaction score
I heard this on the news today. Latest study states that kids with surnames that begin in the last half of the alphabet are more inclined to rationalize things due to the fact that teachers line kids up by alphabetic names, and they are subconsciensely(sp?) trying to move themselves forward as a result of that. When is this **** going to end? When are people going to wake up and realize that life isn't fair, and sometimes it's just the luck of the draw for a lack of a better way of putting it?

Reading psychology would make you lose faith in the human race (I have five university-level textbooks on my bookshelf).

Rationalisation and the need to 'be right' is a big part of the psyche apparently - but there's too many people behave otherwise that you can take that with a big pinch of salt. They'll get ahead, better than the ones who think everything 'just happens' to them.

msscamp":3kdzcy2r said:
I heard this on the news today. Latest study states that kids with surnames that begin in the last half of the alphabet are more inclined to rationalize things due to the fact that teachers line kids up by alphabetic names, and they are subconsciensely(sp?) trying to move themselves forward as a result of that. When is this be nice going to end? When are people going to wake up and realize that life isn't fair, and sometimes it's just the luck of the draw for a lack of a better way of putting it?

My surname starts with S, so I've spent some time at the back of the class seating chart. I'm pretty sure I qualify for some "dis-advantaged" payments because of this.
I also think it explains Hank Aaron's success.

john250":338dy273 said:
msscamp":338dy273 said:
I heard this on the news today. Latest study states that kids with surnames that begin in the last half of the alphabet are more inclined to rationalize things due to the fact that teachers line kids up by alphabetic names, and they are subconsciensely(sp?) trying to move themselves forward as a result of that. When is this be nice going to end? When are people going to wake up and realize that life isn't fair, and sometimes it's just the luck of the draw for a lack of a better way of putting it?

My surname starts with S, so I've spent some time at the back of the class seating chart. I'm pretty sure I qualify for some "dis-advantaged" payments because of this.

Well, how do we explain Cy Young then? :D

LRTX1":rg05lei0 said:
john250":rg05lei0 said:
msscamp":rg05lei0 said:

Well, how do we explain Cy Young then? :D

That's easy. They didn't do silly studies back then so nobody knew better. ;-)

Latest posts