New steer and heifer pics

Help Support CattleToday:

showkid1200

Reaction score
There both about 2 1/2 months old whatcha think? I'm thinkin neck sweat on the steer?
DSCF2756.jpg

<br>
DSCF2761.jpg

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":1kgu9egj said:
Maine anjou calf looks okay, heck they both look okay. I think they need some feed. How long before you start showing them? You might still have time to get em in "Show shape" between now and show time.

I agree they look okay, and do have a lot of potential. They still have lots of time left to grow and be on feed. I'm guessing they still have a lot time left before showing, as they are only about 2 1/2 months old.

Doesn't the steer have a little extra skin in the brisket area? He's adorable though.. I love that color pattern! The white on the underneath tends to make him look a little pinched in the flank, but if you look at him closely he looks fine.

Good luck!

yes they are Mr johnsons calfs and they should be going on feed in about another two months. Yes the steer does have a little extra skin so i think i might invest in a sweat collar. Do you guys think the heifer will do good in show?

the sire for the steer is irish whiskey so i think thats where he got some of that extra skin and the heifers sire is paddy o'malley and the heifer i will be showing in november she will be six months then

yeah i really like him he looked pretty sound to me but only time will tell i'm hoping that heifer will do good, i've heard people use the terms the "showy look" do you think the heifer has that type of potential

showkid1200":1jabbgl6 said:
yeah i really like him he looked pretty sound to me but only time will tell i'm hoping that heifer will do good, i've heard people use the terms the "showy look" do you think the heifer has that type of potential
I like the looks of both of the calves and love the look of that steer calf. As for the question you just asked, I'm not sure. I think I'll go with..."possibly" for now. :lol:

I LOVE the way the little steer looks are far as CUTE. However, Ireally think his color pattern will hurt you in the show ring because the whitle makes him look high in the flank and makes nim drop off in the rear. For a small county fair he will probably be fine but if you are taking him to a show where you are only going to get a quick look you might want to reconsider.

txshowmom":1s2tsnff said:
I LOVE the way the little steer looks are far as CUTE. However, Ireally think his color pattern will hurt you in the show ring because the whitle makes him look high in the flank and makes nim drop off in the rear. For a small county fair he will probably be fine but if you are taking him to a show where you are only going to get a quick look you might want to reconsider.

Nothing a little dye can't cure.

thats great i think i'm gonna try that on my steer for are next jackpot show(the one i have now) hes about 900 pounds how much young color do you think i'll need and how long do i leave it in for?

Cowboy 2.0":3fj6zf6x said:
Some Young Color II and you would have a pitch black calf.
I wouldn't necessarily recommend dying him all black...

showkid1200":12p0w4rl said:
why not jaydill you think he looks fine as is
I do agree with the fact that the white on the flank makes it look a little high.

However...how practical is it, to you, to dye his entire body for a show? And then every show afterwards, when the dye wears off?

Latest posts