New Squeeze Chute

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591":37oot4qr said:
What would be a decent price for this one?

100.00 bucks and I pay to have it shipped to me :lol: I don't know what they run but they had a used one at the last sale i posted about that sold for 2,000 looked to be in good shape

I wouldn't have one with that kind of gate as a gift, but probably 1500$, I saw a 5 year old top of the line preifert with wheels near new for 2750$ the other day, I may try to go buy it for 2250$.

Denver, you talking about the gate on the cage? This one is brand new, not used. These people make them and this picture was taken just as they finished painting it. They want $2150.

skyhightree1":1lajxrs9 said:
100.00 bucks and I pay to have it shipped to me :lol: I don't know what they run but they had a used one at the last sale i posted about that sold for 2,000 looked to be in good shape

We can probably make that work, Sky. Only you gotta pay me to bring it to you. Shipping gets paid all upfront, too. :lol:

slick4591":1ficr4hv said:
skyhightree1":1ficr4hv said:

We can probably make that work, Sky. Only you gotta pay me to bring it to you. Shipping gets paid all upfront, too. :lol:

:shock: :lol2:

slick4591":3au61ly5 said:
Denver, you talking about the gate on the cage? This one is brand new, not used. These people make them and this picture was taken just as they finished painting it. They want $2150.
I'm sorry, I thought it was older and getting new paint. I may be wrong but it looks like the headgate is the kind with the folding doors instead of the scissor type, that's what I wouldn't want.

denvermartinfarms":33qb1hcr said:
slick4591":33qb1hcr said:
I'm sorry, I thought it was older and getting new paint. I may be wrong but it looks like the headgate is the kind with the folding doors instead of the scissor type, that's what I wouldn't want.
I agree with Denver. I got rid of a two year old Tarter with the saloon door head gate and bought a new Priefert SO4. It is so much better you could not give me a saloon door head gate on a squeeze chute. I am totally pleased with my SO4!!

Well I have a old hand me down W W head gate squeeze chute and it has the swing doors. I built it to manually or auto catch. The only problem is it won't catch calves less than 200lbs. My head gate has not been back for service or needed any part's for 30+ years.

denvermartinfarms":1axq93qw said:
slick4591":1axq93qw said:

Does someone make a self-catching scissor type?

I would be worried about the horizontal bars on the AI cage. Right there behind the chute is where most cows that have a mind to will try to climb out. If they stick a leg through those bars on the way back down something will break... Might be you, might be her, might be your setup, but something will break. :D

Cabo":1co4feip said:
dun":1co4feip said:
James T":1co4feip said:
Does someone make a self-catching scissor type?
Priefert does, at it really works the way it should!

To get better than Priefert you will have to go hydraulic, IMO.
I think for-most is as good and in some ways even a little better. But I agree, preifert or for-most is as good as there is without going to a hydralic.

My Priefert Model SO4 has an automatic catch and it is the scissors type. The Models below it may not. You throw a catch level that is spring-loaded. A bar with 3 size adjustments holds the head gate open until the cows head enters and jars the catch loose. The spring-loaded door then shuts. There is a video on the Priefert website demonstrating the auto head catch.

Interesting that you ask that about Priefert because several people have told me they like Priefert but they have no auto catch. I say mine does and they are surprised. Not sure why so many people assume the auto catch is only associated with the saloon door head gates!

Latest posts