new Simm bull....what do you think???

Help Support CattleToday:

cypressfarms":xuxd158b said:
I hope your talking about using the fusion bull on heifers, and not the first bull......
believe it or not...have used Pride on heifers...never pulled a calf yet....

i like em both...the simmi and the simbrah. everything i would've said about him is pretty much summed up in that little paragraph to the side of him.

JDI":3r1d17e6 said:
cypressfarms":3r1d17e6 said:
I hope your talking about using the fusion bull on heifers, and not the first bull......
believe it or not...have used Pride on heifers...never pulled a calf yet....

Well his accuracies are low... Perhaps they will change to being more user friendly to heifers if you've had that experience and others have as well, and reported the data.

Looks to me to be a good choice he has the depth and correctness the simbrah looks a little green and lacking depth but if he is producing winners must be a good choice

the Fusion bull is excellent. Good well balanced EPD's, excellent API (All Purpose $$ Index). I would like to see better MCE but that's being picky. The accuracies will not be accurate for a while - until he starts having progeny.

So are you Jamie and you purchased 1/2 interest?

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2hlh8lsu said:
the Fusion bull is excellent. Good well balanced EPD's, excellent API (All Purpose $$ Index). I would like to see better MCE but that's being picky. The accuracies will not be accurate for a while - until he starts having progeny.

So are you Jamie and you purchased 1/2 interest?
No, I am Doug Ivy...I own TSC Texas Pride & just bought Fusion to breed to get some 3/4 blood Simbrah...Jamie has showed some of my calves & we are working together with our herds....hard to afford these type of bulls when each of us only have a small # of cows. Together we can afford better bulls. She has a good Pine Ridge Ranch bull we are both using & I have Pride we are now both using...

Ooo Pine Ridge Ranch. Do you know how much their heifers usually run?

jaydill":3ju1ajng said:
Ooo Pine Ridge Ranch. Do you know how much their heifers usually run?
YES...Jamie just brought home 5 new PPR heifers this month... Jeff her dad just picked up 4 bred heifers for me from Strack Farms... spent a load this mon. between the new bull, 5 PPR heifers & 4 from Stracks...

JDI":11phbm2t said:
YES...Jamie just brought home 5 new PPR heifers this month... Jeff her dad just picked up 4 bred heifers for me from Strack Farms... spent a load this mon. between the new bull, 5 PPR heifers & 4 from Stracks...
These are all show calves you just bought right? Has he got anymore heifers on the ground? Have they got any hair on them? (I know it's not real common for a Simbrah but it would be a pleasant plus.)

jaydill":1qlk294q said:
JDI":1qlk294q said:
These are all show calves you just bought right? Has he got anymore heifers on the ground? Have they got any hair on them? (I know it's not real common for a Simbrah but it would be a pleasant plus.)
No not show heifers.....just the top of his heifers for breeding purposes.....hoping to get us some show calves to add to what we are already raising...Jamie is a senior this yr. so we are just lookin to raise calves....sell a few good bulls too.

JDI":3p1fo155 said:
Together we can afford better bulls. She has a good Pine Ridge Ranch bull we are both using & I have Pride we are now both using...

So who is the Sire and Dam on this "good" Pine Ridge bull?

I thought all they had were a 4F Simbrah bull and a KSSR Simmental bull.

If you have small herds, why are you using 5 different bulls?
Why not just AI?

cul8r":tl08z395 said:
JDI":tl08z395 said:
Together we can afford better bulls. She has a good Pine Ridge Ranch bull we are both using & I have Pride we are now both using...

So who is the Sire and Dam on this "good" Pine Ridge bull?

I thought all they had were a 4F Simbrah bull and a KSSR Simmental bull.

If you have small herds, why are you using 5 different bulls?
Why not just AI?
The PRR bull is PRR Hustler 08N out of PRR Providence 818J. They sold the 4F bull & the KSSR bull had to be put down from a broken leg....We are using 3 bulls & that is due to from where I come from you normally don't breed the sire back to his heifer calves you have kept...The main reason I don't just use AI is that you only have a 12 hr window that a cow is in standing heat....I have spent the last 28 months in Baghdad, Iraq & it is a little hard to see from here the exact time to AI!! In that case you just buy a good bull , put it in the pasture & let him go.

Latest posts