New shop, I can't say I'm not excited.

Help Support CattleToday:

Silver

Reaction score
Pretty excited for this, been waiting a lot of years for a warm place to put a tractor during winter months, and a place to take on some winter projects.
The crew showed up at 10:00 AM, and wasted no time getting to work.
jfysy1.jpg

By quitting time (7:30 PM) it now looks like this. Four guys that seem to know exactly what to do. I'd have been a month getting to this point and I wouldn't have been happy with it.
n1qkrc.jpg

Looking forward to see tomorrow's progress.

ohiosteve":bqh3qg4o said:
Congrats, I'm sure you will make good use of it this winter. How big is it? 50' x 80'?

No, sadly that's not in my price range. It is 36'X52', which will nicely keep the feeding tractor warm during the winter months and still allow for some puttering around on small projects.

Nesikep":3uur3mn1 said:
We did without a shop for years.. nothing like having a good warm shop in the winter.. you'll love it!

Ya, herman nelsons, parachutes and power chords all winter does get old. Also, this newer equipment with all it's fancy hydraulics and emissions systems really don't like the cold, and because I doubt it will go back to the old days I think if a fella wants to make this stuff last it has to be kept warm.

It's where a guy from Florida says you don't need a shop!

Our shop is 22x42.. it's not meant for storing tractors in, but it'll take a decent size project.. 12x12 rollup door

Silver":1nw22ytq said:
Nesikep":1nw22ytq said:
We did without a shop for years.. nothing like having a good warm shop in the winter.. you'll love it!

Ya, herman nelsons, parachutes and power chords all winter does get old. Also, this newer equipment with all it's fancy hydraulics and emissions systems really don't like the cold, and because I doubt it will go back to the old days I think if a fella wants to make this stuff last it has to be kept warm.
Good for you. Sounds like you need it..and from what I've seen of your winters ..it'll be a shot in the arm.

Silver":18rto0gk said:
Pretty excited for this, been waiting a lot of years for a warm place to put a tractor during winter months, and a place to take on some winter projects.
The crew showed up at 10:00 AM, and wasted no time getting to work.
jfysy1.jpg

By quitting time (7:30 PM) it now looks like this. Four guys that seem to know exactly what to do. I'd have been a month getting to this point and I wouldn't have been happy with it.
n1qkrc.jpg

Looking forward to see tomorrow's progress.

very nice , looks like money well spent. How will you heat it?? I couldn't afford the gas or cut enough wood to survive your winters ,

Congrats Silver. I got my shop done just a few years ago after waiting many, many years. You will enjoy it more than you can imagine after going without for so long! Looks great already.

Picture taken at 8:00 PM this evening. It's looking like a shop now.
28sr33d.jpg

In fact, I'm starting to think I better get going on figuring out what to do about the floor now.

Latest posts