New Server

Help Support CattleToday:

M Gravlee

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I've finally bitten the bullet and signed up for a new server to replace this old one. It's a monster with dual quadcores (8 processors), dual 500GB SATA RAID hard disks, 12 GB memory and 100 Mbps uplink to the Internet. That's twice the processors, twice the HD size, 3 times the memory and 10 times the uplink speed. We should be able to see a noticeable difference in speed.

So sometime in the next couple of weeks this site will be down for from 2 to 24 hours while we move it. We will also lose a few posts while the transfer is in progress. I'll try to give you a few hours notice before beginning the move.

LoveMoo11

Reaction score
I have no idea what all the numbers and mumbo jumbo mean but it sounds good! Thanks and good luck with the transition.

cfpinz

Reaction score
john250":2qowkmje said:
Did you buy it new? CFPinz could have found you an older one for a lot less money. :clap:

I could have probably found a good deal on one of those old computers that used the punch cards. Think that will speed things up any?

Macon, Thank You and thanks for the warning.

peg4x4

Reaction score
Oooookkee Whatever you said is fine by me.... Just please don't feel the need to explain any of it to me. :D

ga. prime

Reaction score
M Gravlee":ltnltqtt said:
It's a monster with dual quadcores (8 processors), dual 500GB SATA RAID hard disks, 12 GB memory and 100 Mbps uplink to the Internet. That's twice the processors, twice the HD size, 3 times the memory and 10 times the uplink speed.
I thought it was fast already. We're gonna wind up in another dimension with that kind of speed.

ga. prime

Reaction score
P1010677.jpg

There's a bodacious server.

DOC HARRIS

Reaction score
That is spectacular, Macon! I wonder if, in the process of transition from one to the other, you could arrange to make it possible to NOTIFY me (us(?) of when previously-read posts are answered or viewed? I used to be notified in that manner, but NO MORE! Anything that I post on Ranchers.net that gets reviewed results in my being notified of same - but NOT on CattleToday. It is necessary for me to search out any of the posts that I remember commenting on (and sometimes I forget that I have commented on some of them) in order to reply, if I deem it appropo. I talked to you when you were on vacation in Mexico some time ago, but I have not been able to resolve the problem as yet. I hope you can straighten it out.

Thanks, Macon.

DOC HARRIS