NEW SATELLITE INTERNET

Help Support CattleToday:

ERNIBIGB

Reaction score
After years of sloooow dialup internet I finally found a more affordable satellite internet company. I have been watching for quite a while and most were just too pricey.Wildblue.com is a newer company with equipment and install running around $400.I've had the service for a few weeks and am very satisfied so far.Still have same weather issues as satellite tv but works much better than 24kbs dialup. Speeds will vary somewhat but staying around 300+kbs. I'm not a dealer and have been offered no referral incentive. Just sharing info.

It looks fairly comparable in price, terms and equipment to the Starband system I use. In the almost six years I've been on Starband I've had some equipment problems such as modems going out. Very time consuming to get a human on their tech support line and it's a challenge to get them to swap out equipment. I CAN'T WAIT until broadband makes it past here. It's a love/hate relationship with Starband. I hate them until I recall that the absolute best dialup speed I can ever hope to get is between 4400 and 7800 bps. Then I love them.

we're on the waiting list for wildblue ourselves. the only thing available to us also is dial up or satellite internet. plus, i already have a router so we'll be able to hook up all of our computers to it and not have to worry about the one at a time thing so much.

We are on satellite or as they call it "wireless" internet through a company up here called Platinum. It was that or dial up. I wasn't too sure that it would work well but I love it. We've never had a problem with it.
They used to charge a lot to install it but started a new deal to get people signed up. Instead of buying everything you rent and then the cost every month was about the same as dial-up. I'd pay a high price to get it in though, dial-up drives me nuts! :x

For those of you who subscribe to DirecTV for television service they also provide DirectWav satellite service for computers. We also have no other choice here in the boonies. The computer service they provide is very good as far as service and reliability goes. Just my 2 cents.

Latest posts