New Ruger Blackhawk

Help Support CattleToday:

I bought just the plain jane one right now for shooting with the dogs, no scope. Going to get a little work don't to it, lighten the trigger pull, smooth it up a little. Then if every thing works out, going to scope another stainless one out. :D Can't really shoot any thing bigger than .357 because of an old dog bite, but it should still due.

Have heard nothing but good things about them so we will see...

Brute 23":15zkojm1 said:
Can't really shoot any thing bigger than .357 because of an old dog bite, but it should still due.

Congrats on the purchase! I just plain like the looks of them. :lol: What length barrell?

Have you tried anything semi with a compensator? I have put a few through a Desert Eagle .50 that felt like a .22 and .45's where the sights hardly moved rapid fire. Just a thought.

Have fun!

ALX.":12ntrtq4 said:
Have you tried anything semi with a compensator? I have put a few through a Desert Eagle .50 that felt like a .22 and .45's where the sights hardly moved rapid fire. Just a thought.

Have fun!

All of the desert eagles are just to darn heavy for my taste. I really like the Coonan .357 mag, not much heavier then a standard 1911 and shots real good.

dun":2wluzryt said:
All of the desert eagles are just to darn heavy for my taste. I really like the Coonan .357 mag, not much heavier then a standard 1911 and shots real good.

I trained with a guy who had a Coonan 357, never handled it myself but his double taps with full load magnums were tighter than most 9mm shooters.

Brute, a compensator is sort of like a muzzle brake affair on the end of the barrell. Long time since I was involved but ISPSC shooters used them a lot. Huge reduction in felt recoil.

Another big gun I did put a few boxes through was a 454 Casull ( spelling?, 355? :lol: ). Scary to look at before touching her off but the grip design ate a lot of the recoil out. Some guys use it as back up on grizzlies.

Latest posts