New ringworm treatments

Help Support CattleToday:

Double R Ranch

Reaction score
Had one of my clients call me today and knew when he asked me to look at his cattle and told me the symptoms that he had ringworm. I went and looked and sure enough it was ringworm. I gave him some suggestions but wanted to ask if anyone has any new treatments that they are using these days? We haven't had it in year (knock on wood!) so haven't been up to date on treatments.
I did do a search on here but there aren't really any newer post on ringworm. Take care!
Thanks,
Double R

Get the scab and flakey skin off, and we've sprayed the stronger iodine on it.

twistedxranch":38wsd25j said:
brush it with a brush, knock the scab off of it, spray it with blue lotion. Usually 1-2 treatments is all they need I have found.
Are you talking about blue coat spray? If not please tell me what the blue lotion is so I can recomend it to my client.
Thanks,
Double R

I don't wear my sunday best doing chores either but if you go to using that stuff with wreckless abandon you're going to have it all over (kind of like tatoo paste)...just saying be careful...

Wisteria Farms":sawe6c5p said:
I don't wear my sunday best doing chores either but if you go to using that stuff with wreckless abandon you're going to have it all over (kind of like tatoo paste)...just saying be careful...

Thanks. Good to know. I appreciate the heads up.
Double R

I scrape it with a curry comb til it bleeds - put iodine or clorox on it - than keep it coated with vaseline. Fungus needs air to thrive. The vaseline (or the old timers used old greese) smothers it & also softens the skin so it returns to normal soft skin sooner. I only do this on a show animal. The rest - like Dun says - benign neglect.

Also, athletes foot creams, monitstat and the like will work on it to. scrape away the scab and apply those twice daily and within about a week it will be gone.

Latest posts