New rifle

Help Support CattleToday:

rattler

Reaction score
I ordered a new T/C encore 3 week's ago tommoro the guy that ordered it for me said i t would take ptouble 3 weeks i hope it come's in i am wanteing to law hands on this rifle.

rattler

That's sounds like fun, I may have to do that. My brother has one and he is purty sure I should have one.

lilmac":1wcm9xx9 said:
I have one and love it. .243 and 209 X.50
What barel did you order?
Mac

I ordered mine in 270 Win i have waited 2 year's to buy this rifle i'll be glad when it get's here.What kind of groups do you get out of your's?

rattler

Best so far is 1/2" 3 shot at 50 yds. Burris 6X18 high lume. Not very impresive I know, but factory ammo :roll:
Never tried to group the front stuffer, just sighted it in well enough to kill at 100 yrds.
Mac

Thank's Mac.I haev a set of leupold extenision rings i need to get a base gonna put my vari-x3 3.5x10x50 on it .

rattler

I have one a couple yeas old and my dad in his 70's who had never owned a rifle other than an old hawkins just bought a prohunter model.

I have blue 7mmO8, 45x209 Black powder, and I just purchased a 204 ruger barrel.

Dad got the stainless 7mm08, 50x209. I have shot both and they perform the same. I load our ammo for us.

I let my 14 year old daughter use the 45x209, she killed a doe at 167 steps from up in the barn loft last day of the season. Dropped it in its tracks. I had told her shoot it in the neck and don't waste the meat. Little futher than I would have shot and than I told her she could but it was her first and she didn't realize it was that much futher. I did tell her if it was at the outer limits to put x-hairs on top of back and squeeze. Guess she listened for once.

It has become my favorite gun.

lifeofleisure":3ezni2bi said:
I have one a couple yeas old and my dad in his 70's who had never owned a rifle other than an old hawkins just bought a prohunter model.

I have blue 7mmO8, 45x209 Black powder, and I just purchased a 204 ruger barrel.

Dad got the stainless 7mm08, 50x209. I have shot both and they perform the same. I load our ammo for us.

I let my 14 year old daughter use the 45x209, she killed a doe at 167 steps from up in the barn loft last day of the season. Dropped it in its tracks. I had told her shoot it in the neck and don't waste the meat. Little futher than I would have shot and than I told her she could but it was her first and she didn't realize it was that much futher. I did tell her if it was at the outer limits to put x-hairs on top of back and squeeze. Guess she listened for once.

It has become my favorite gun.

Tell the little lady congrat's on her firse deer bouth my Daughter's killed their first deer this year also and they are hooked :nod: My pro hunter still has not come in still waiting.

rattler

It finaly got here i have got the scope on it and lined up i have fired it about 8 time's it has rained here for the last week supposed to be purty this week maby i'll find the time to sit down and see what kind of group i get out of her.

rattler

Jogeephus":3vk8c6bn said:
That had to be hard. All that waiting and then rain.

jo they say it is gonna be purty and warm tommoro if nothing don't happen i am gonna try her out.If it shoot's as good as it feel's i will be tickled :nod:

rattler

Do yourself a favor and go ahead and order an aftermarket hinge pin for it now.

If you care about accuracy that is a must.

Here is the link, if you call them they will ship it thru the post office for around $3.75 instead of UPS for over 9 dollars. Believe me they work. The factory hinge pin does not allow it to lock in the same place every time, this does.

http://www.eabco.com/EncorePin.html

3waycross":19f5q42r said:
Do yourself a favor and go ahead and order an aftermarket hinge pin for it now.

Here is the link, if you call them they will ship it thru the post office for around $3.75 instead of UPS for over 9 dollars. Believe me they work. The factory hinge pin does not allow it to lock in the same place every time, this does.

http://www.eabco.com/EncorePin.html

Thank's for the tip 3way i appericate it.

rattler

3waycross":1vk9vfjr said:
I don't understand. If the scope is mounted to the barrel, and the barrel containes the primer, powder, and projectile why does it matter that the barrel does not engage the frame by .001 of an inch after each shot. The only thing that I can see is the firing pin might not hit the primer at the exact same spot.
I shot competition for years shooting the contenders, and never noticed. Not arguing, just asking.
Mac

lilmac":3k7brfix said:
3waycross":3k7brfix said:
I don't understand. If the scope is mounted to the barrel, and the barrel containes the primer, powder, and projectile why does it matter that the barrel does not engage the frame by .001 of an inch after each shot. The only thing that I can see is the firing pin might not hit the primer at the exact same spot.
I shot competition for years shooting the contenders, and never noticed. Not arguing, just asking.
Mac

It makes a difference. I have a 6BR barrel for my Pro Hunter. The best group I could get with it using the factory hinge pin was 2 1/2 to 3 in. I installed the new pin and made NO other modifications and the groups shrank to right at one inch. Go to the website and read what they say.

If you're gonna own one it's the best 40 bucks you will ever spend.

3way have you done any work to the trigger on your's?Mine has no travel nice and crisp but i am guesing 5or6 lbs pull.

rattler

rattler":1mi4tkhx said:
3way have you done any work to the trigger on your's?Mine has no travel nice and crisp but i am guesing 5or6 lbs pull.

rattler

No just the hinge pin and I did modify the ears on the forearm so that they didn't touch the reiceiver. You have to do that or the forearm won't fit over the new hinge pin.,

Latest posts