New Rem Rifle

Help Support CattleToday:

ALX.

Reaction score
Anyone had a chance to try the new Rem R15 that looks like an AR 15?

That new Ruger calibre looks neat for bolt , but for a semi?

I might maybe gotta have one before they make them illegal here. I loved the heavy barrell AR's.

Seems like Remington bought Bushmaster and DMPS.

DSCI0934.jpg

Bushmaster lower and patrolmen barrel. LMT upper, Colt internals with M4 handgaurds and VLTOR stock.

DSCI0938.jpg

All Colt 6601.

Those 30 rnd mags would land you in jail here! :lol: :lol:

If I was being chased and had to grab one of those on the way by it would be the lower HB type.

ALX.":dlkftnn4 said:
Those 30 rnd mags would land you in jail here! :lol: :lol:

If I was being chased and had to grab one of those on the way by it would be the lower HB type.

We have out lived our legislation on the 30 rd deal. Or better said the 3 evil components.

I like them both and the others as well.

Its been out for a couple of years now, but that is still new. It shoots faster and flatter than the comperable .22-250 and .220 swift with similar knock down power using less powder whats not to love. But then again Im not a varmit hunter.

3fifty7":hm9d7tbw said:
Its been out for a couple of years now, but that is still new. It shoots faster and flatter than the comperable .22-250 and .220 swift with similar knock down power using less powder whats not to love. But then again Im not a varmit hunter.

I really like the ballistics, just a bit concerned about barrell/throat wear. It is a semi, it's gotta rock and roll sometimes!

I wonder if the .204 functions as well as the .223 - it took years to get the M-16 to work with the .223.

Well, all academic for me now. It is a "derivative" of a listed weapon - so it is "restricted".
I can own one but can't hunt with it. :mad:

What kinds of groups do you guys get with those scoped puppies?

Here's a site I found while searching for the legal crap.

http://www.predatorhuntcanada.ca/forum/ ... 409&page=2

Gonna look more at that .204, maybe in a bolt. That would ease the disappointment. :lol: