New purchase

Help Support CattleToday:

They sell them everyday with the skid steer quick attach just FYI. As for price you get what you pay for. They have a model to compete on whatever level your buying. It will just have better resale and parts availability.

Jd like any other has problems I have a fair amount of green but I won't be buying anymore want more green in my pocket not there's.

We sold two, and half way payed for a new one. Needed a 4wd to get around with hay during the winter. I've had an inner ear condition for years and am not able to be on a tractor for more than a couple hours so have been buying hay and hiring out pasture mowing. Downsized a little as all I need is to feed hay and do some random jobs around the farm.
Had been to the point that we were having to be out quite a bit in maintaining the older tractors and a lot of down time waiting for mechanics. I know a lot goes wrong with new ones too, but hopefully it'll go for a while, and the dealership is fairly close. View attachment 7087
How many sets of remotes did it come with?

I've always had the belief that one tractor brand was as good or not so good as the other. Have also thought that the green paint was over rated and over priced, after looking around at some though, I'm not sure that JD is much more expensive than others. We priced a Kubota that was just a little under the JD and was a smaller tractor, The extras like the canopy, fel hay spear, were just as much. Would have considered another Case but we don't have a dealer very close anymore. Case parts are pretty expensive. Used to cost more when getting filters through the dealer to service my Case as it did for two Fords. We went with JD largely because the dealership is close and it seems to be managed well as well as close in price to the others especially with the 0 interest for 5 or 6 years.

Nice tractor.. What turns me off of JD is the stupid cost and the specialized quick attach that i cant use any of my other quick attach implements on it. I hope it serves you well.
Which one is specialized? On the front it was global or skidsteer depending on hp. I thought that was standard on most all the brands now? Not sure what quick attachments they make for the rear.

I bought a Massey 4610L, 1200 Hours. Cab with cold AC. Was trading my Kubota 32 horse with 420 hours to bring the price down to my range. Going to get a less expensive no cab tractor for the woods and other tight spots. Has to be 4WD because of awkward spots. Started looking for that, called the dealer back, giving cash instead of the Kubota. Not many decent 4wd tractors on the market. Got the Kubota new, it has never needed anything.

Which one is specialized? On the front it was global or skidsteer depending on hp. I thought that was standard on most all the brands now? Not sure what quick attachments they make for the rear.

JD has their own quick attach on some of their loaders.

I'm sure you can order them however you want, and there are also adapters that can be purchased.

Latest posts