New purchase

Help Support CattleToday:

lithuanian farmer

Reaction score
It's been a while since we bought in any heifers or cows, but our neighbour had a very good last year born heifer, so why not. She's 18 months old, LimoxBBxdairy. Gonna weigh her today or tomorrow, but she should be at least ~1200lbs. Today she is in heat, so hopefully she'll get bred by our Limousine bull.
DSCF3024.jpg

DSCF3001_1.jpg

DSCF3022.jpg

gizmom":2osap02o said:
love her color, what is her age? If she is just a heifer and weighs 1279 she is going to make a really big cow.

gizmom
She's 18months and 2 days old. :) She spent today with a bull, and now she's with our maiden heifers and will be with them for a month or two until our cows comes closer home. She'll get some meal during that time too, so should grow even more.

Nesikep":1eqsiiz3 said:
That's a good weight, and she doesn't look BIG.. I really want to get a livestock scale someday so I can stop guessing
She's really wide and has lots of meat, so she has some weight. Her dam is ~1750lbs or so.
We need scales, as cattle we sell can't be smaller or bigger than needed and it's sometimes hard to tell how much they weigh. Also good to know daily gain and see if our feeding gives better gains.

farmerjan":z3wqy4x8 said:
NICE LOOKING HEIFER. Really like the rumps you have on your cattle. Well balanced looking.
Thank you. We liked her since last year. Her owner wanted to leave her for herself, but after she broke her arm, she decided to sell her to the meat factory. Owner has only three cows, one BBxdairy and two dairy, three a couple months old Angusx heifers ans this heifer. We still have one 10year old cow which we bought as a pregnant heifer from the same person.
Very lucky to get her. Gonna pay a beef price by liveweight. It'd be ~950$.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":fb5rhfpv said:
Love the blue roans. I do not see any dairy in her!!! She sure doesn't need any extra feed. LOL
:) We'd keep her already with cows and off meal, but our herd is very close to her old herd, so she might come back home. Better safe than sorry.
I hope she'll have some roan calves ! Our roan cows rarely have calves with more white than a small dot or abit on the belly. The same breeding heifer has calved last month with Limox solid red calf. Not even a single white hair...
LimoxBBxdairy cross often don't show having dairy at all, except you can see in their milkness, if sires haven't docked down it. At the moment have two our the same breeding females- 1st calver and her 17mo full sister. Wish we had more, but only one BBxdairy cow is left and she's already 11years old.
Two examples with our LimoxBBxdairy cross animals.
DSCF3083.jpg

13925845_1046544018768969_3231199113810289596_o.jpg

Jeanne - Simme Valley":1jtbfotc said:
They all have more muscle than I prefer in my females, but I could live with the two roan ones. The solid black is waaayyyy too muscled for me, even if it was a bull.
I'm with you,on the females..but I wouldn't mind using a bull, muscled up like him...for some terminals...

Latest posts