New puppy

Help Support CattleToday:

we have the first puppy in our house that we have had in over twenty years. our last few dogs have been from Aussie Rescue....

This puppy was a pound puppy that as a puppy looked like an aussie....she is now eight or nine months old, definitely not an aussie, and is just beginning to settle down....soooo muuuuucccch energy. Absolutley the worst I have ever had about chewing stuff up.....maybe i got too much stuff....

but she is such a love bug and a part of us now that I can not imagine being without her bounding to jump on me and greet me when I come home....

Very cute! You will have fun with them.

I use www.tinypic.com for posting photos here. It is pretty easy to use. You select the photo you want to upload and when finished it will give you a url to post here.

Kathie in Thorp":tpnxq0z9 said:
Update: 2 puppies. One of the brothers will also join Dixie here.

Aaahhhh....so the little spotted guy worked his way into the deal! LOL He's a cutie too. Enjoy the fun of watching them play together.

Katherine

pdfangus":23eiuc0c said:
a part of us now that I can not imagine being without her bounding to jump on me and greet me when I come home....

Sometimes that is what makes the chewing and nonsense worth it! It feels good doesn't it.

Katherine

chippie":9anz36yh said:
Very cute! You will have fun with them.

I use http://www.tinypic.com for posting photos here. It is pretty easy to use. You select the photo you want to upload and when finished it will give you a url to post here.

thanks,,,

just tried it....

pretty easy..

but didn't size well....

2vl33m1.jpg

if you want a smaller pic, click on the resize drop down menu and choose "Message Board 640x 480"

:heart: your happy dog.

Workinonit Farm":vmvu7zui said:
PDF----nice looking pup! Any chance it has Border Collie in it? Looks sort of like a Border Collie head and snout.

Katherine

pound puppy so it is all guess work....at the pound and the vets they had her listed as everything from Aussie to rotweiler mix.

I think she is part hound and part German Shepherd and my dog vet agrees.
her rear structure is very German shepherd like as is the coloring and when she gets excited she can stand both ears errect but they lean together to form a sort of triangular horn....it is hilarious to see. most times her ears are semi erect as in the photo. She has the manners and mannerisms of a hound and will eat anything....and I mean anything. She also uses her nose more than any of the aussies we have had....If she wants to know where I am she will find me.....good watchdog like a shepherd....loud bark very convincing....but will still run and hide behind the old dog and not real brave....so not a guard dog. but then all we require is a warning...we do our own security....
she is very devoted and moderately intelligent....a little stubborn about some things but overall trainable. A little slower than the aussies we have had, but I have never had smarter dogs than Aussies. she is very routine oriented and has taught herself a few tricks....

Dixie and Blu 2 arrive on Saturday. I retrieved a hard-side kennel crate loaned to a friend a few years ago when she brought in a new pup. That will be for transport. And a big wire crate for in the house, that will fit two for quite some time (we will crate train them). And beds/pads, of course. Collars, leads, retractable lead, brush, shots, puppy chow in place. Really, this is like getting kids outfitted for school! :)

Puppies have arrived. They are sweet and very young. But I've already had the discussion w/ hubby: "Do not pick them up every time they squeak!" "It's okay if they tumble and fight!" "It's okay if they spend nap time in the kennel crate!" And other "it's okays!" I find that "it's OK" works better than "don't do that!" We need to not turn them into RETARDED SHYTHEADS, as a friend of mine commented re: pups. They have discovered the joy of toys -- small tennis ball and a cat ball with a bell in it. The ogre house cat has chosen to simply ignore them for now, and the pups have not yet wandered far enough to have an encounter with him. So far, so good. We don't have a fenced yard, and we do have hawks, owls and eagles. Found a steal of a deal on a good-sized kennel today, with a cover, and we'll pick that up tomorrow for safe outside time for them.

Had I known in advance that we would do this, I certainly would have scheduled a baby puppy shower.

I can tell this after 6 hrs.; Dixie will be the boss, I think -- and the mouse/gopher chaser, and she'll be quiet about it and take her lickn's from her bigger brother but not without a fight. Blu will let us know about EVERY-thing!. He's a talker, and an instigator for adventure. But he's always looking around for his back-up.

Latest posts