New Protocol for ET??

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
I was told of a new protocol that has been having amazing successful.
Recipient cycles. 12 hours later (or whenever you would normally pull her in to breed IF you were breeding her AI), give her a GNRH shot. Then implant at normal 7 days after heat. A guy got 38 our of 40 pregnant using this method.
Anyone hear of this and using it???

I don't know the details. I was being told by a 2nd party. I don't care if you were talking traditional or IVF or what kind of embryos. That is awesome success rate. I usually get between 65 - 75% but I am talking small numbers. I may put 4-6 embryos in in the spring and 3-5 in the fall.
I was just wondering if anyone else heard of this. I know a few of the embryologists around here recommends GNRH at the time of implant.

I've always given Gnrh like that to recipes, dont think it's anything new. We have good yrs and bad yrs. 38 of 40 is great. Around here it will eventually even out it seems. Hope you can have that type of success for years.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2ceec8qz said:
I don't know the details. I was being told by a 2nd party. I don't care if you were talking traditional or IVF or what kind of embryos. That is awesome success rate. I usually get between 65 - 75% but I am talking small numbers. I may put 4-6 embryos in in the spring and 3-5 in the fall.
I was just wondering if anyone else heard of this. I know a few of the embryologists around here recommends GNRH at the time of implant.

Oh, I agree, that success rate is exceptional ... even moreso if they were IVF.

We typically give shots when CIDRs are pulled. I'm interested in following this thread.

I generally use natural heats. I am fortunate enough to have a great vet close & super available. I call the day she is in heat to see if I can make an appointment in 7 days (even Sundays!!!) I figure I will try it with fall embryos.

WalnutCrest":1bmlnyqz said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":1bmlnyqz said:

We typically give shots when CIDRs are pulled. I'm interested in following this thread.
When CIDRs are pulled we give Lute. We give GnRH when they're put in; and again at AI (timed).

i have been giving the gnrh at breeding for a couple of years now.....I have not kept good enough records to quantify as a lot of the breedings were to a neighbors cows and he sold them as bred cows once they were preg checked.

boondocks":2j0vxoum said:
WalnutCrest":2j0vxoum said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":2j0vxoum said:

When CIDRs are pulled we give Lute. We give GnRH when they're put in; and again at AI (timed).

Sorry ... posted in a rush.

Lute when the CIDRs are pulled, yes.

Latest posts