new proposed rules in cali regarding cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

ddd75

Reaction score
SB 1383: Controlling Cow Flatulence. Not making this up. In spite of the fact that 53 California dairy farmers went bankrupt, moved out of state, or just closed down this year, the Marxist-Progressives are back at it again. Capture cow farts or suffer heavy fines. CARB (CA Air Resources Board) suggests inserting a tube into the cow's digestive system and venting into a backpack.

here's another on the list thats pretty good..

Prop. 57: Early Release for so-called Non-Violent Criminals. This was Governor Jerry Brown's baby — the crown jewel of his prison reform initiatives. Among those offenses he considers "non-violent": rape of an unconscious person; human trafficking involving sex acts with minors; and assault with a deadly weapon.

wow.

hurleyjd":2d460u7q said:
Have you read SB 1883 Here is where you can find it.

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces ... 0160SB1383

I have some liberal non-ag friends in California who need some education on this.

I've been looking for some industry comments and / or info from main stream sites that would be comfortable for a lib (anything from a non traditional site is dismissed as fake news).

Any help on that? I've not been too successful in finding anything worthwhile.

Maybe all the dairy farms ought to move out and then charge them "real" prices to ship back in the milk and cottage cheese and sour cream and yogurt and everything else they want....One of these days there are going to be alot of hungry people if they keep regulating things like this. I am all for trying to recoup things like the methane they create, but they need more incentives like all the tax breaks for solar, not penalties. With the current milk prices, most farms are struggling to pay their bills....like the beef industry having those couple of good years, the dairy industry has had a few good years followed by some really bad years again. Prices are the same they were getting in the 80's

What do these idiots plan to eat, when they shut down production agriculture?

WalnutCrest":1fjh7rv1 said:
hurleyjd":1fjh7rv1 said:
Have you read SB 1883 Here is where you can find it.

I have some liberal non-ag friends in California who need some education on this.

I've been looking for some industry comments and / or info from main stream sites that would be comfortable for a lib (anything from a non traditional site is dismissed as fake news).

Any help on that? I've not been too successful in finding anything worthwhile.
I thougt they were trying to figure out how to use all of the solid waste produced and not only on farms but every where.

Here is another website that I found trying to find out how much waste was being produced. Some of you may find it interesting but it goes along with the thread about the commercilazation and concentrating of livestock in closed confinment operations.

http://www.sustainabletable.org/906/waste-management

wbvs58":z9osy1tt said:
Bigfoot":z9osy1tt said:
What do these idiots plan to eat, when they shut down production agriculture?

Bean sprouts, I think it would lose its novelty pretty quick. Saves on fuel with cooking too.

Ken
Someone would have to grow the beans to sprout. Would the bean growing be production ag.

ddd75":2yi3ysao said:
SB 1383:
<snip>CARB (CA Air Resources Board) suggests inserting a tube into the cow's digestive system and venting into a backpack.

I'm trying to find this recommendation and can't find it.

My BS meter is starting to go off.

Any help is appreciated.

ddd75":345mb9zn said:
someone sent it to me I guess I should of said I didn't know if it was true or not. but I figured with cali it was .. haha

I found this.

didn't see anything abuot backpacks in there. said dairy industry would be exempt if I'm reading it right.

Thanks for this.

Breitbart isn't the most awesome of trustworthy news sources. They are the ones who have been promoting the "post fact" world since last summer. It'll be interesting (for sure) what sort of influence Bannon has on the messaging coming out of the White House ...

Hmmm...I don't see anything about tubes and venting into a "backpack." I did read this in the link to the bill provided above: "Enteric emissions reductions shall be achieved only through incentive-based mechanisms until the state board, in consultation with the department, determines that a cost-effective, considering the impact on animal productivity, and scientifically proven method of reducing enteric emissions is available and that adoption of the enteric emissions reduction method would not damage animal health, public health, or consumer acceptance. Voluntary enteric emissions reductions may be used toward satisfying the goals of this chapter."
(emphasis added).

I like my facts served straight-up.

Latest posts