New Pony

Help Support CattleToday:

Your ponies are sooo georgeous. I really like your bay though. She's got a nice face on her. She looks like my mare in someway as they have that "baby doll" face on them. That's what makes them sooo cute!

bdb_countrygirl":3myj4bpr said:
Your ponies are sooo georgeous. I really like your bay though. She's got a nice face on her. She looks like my mare in someway as they have that "baby doll" face on them. That's what makes them sooo cute!

:D thanks, she's really sweet- looks exactly like her mother except for the stripe is a bit different and she's a bit finer and narrower... the boy I plan using over her next should fix that up though, I hope! She's looking much better now than she does in these pics... amazing what a couple of weeks on good feed can do!

All right Killala

You horsey people are always a bit strange you know. 8)

Not often I see a pic I really like - but:

But that first pic shows me an animal that is rough and ready. I figure she will do very nicely. Your plans for her include anything on the cattle side? If she is smart she would do a darned good job.

I figure she could do a good job on cows and I bet she is not only quick on her feet, but what we call - "hard and fast on the tough ground". The kind of animal that will always get you home.

You got a good one if pics tell the truth.

Like the country you are running around in.

I think I will step back into the cow side now.

Regards,

Bez!

Bez
Thanks for the compliments :D
Funny you should mention cattle work- I used to use her mother a lot on both sheep and cattle, and she was one of the best cow ponies I've ridden.
This summer, after she has foaled, I plan to start working her lightly (she hasn't been ridden in about 6 years) and hopefully campaign her a bit. Most of the groundwork I do at home starts around the farm, I find working stock loosens them up a bit, as well as giving them a good workout. So we'll see how she goes, as far as I know she may have only done a bit of light stockwork when she was broken.
She's a bit timid, but she's smart, and if she rides anywhere near as similar as she looks like her mother, she's gonna be good.
Cheers again :D
Killala

StandardBredBlaze":1y2ad7vs said:
I adore your ponies. They are beautiful. It sucks abou the Snakes here and i am sorry for your loss but your ponies are SOO GORGEOUS. :lol: :D

Thankyou :D I'm pretty pleased with them myself :p
Snakes are my one paranoia, BUT there's nothing we can do about it so we just have to take the risk and enjoy the animals.

Latest posts