New play toy

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
I just bought myself a Mosin Nagent M91/30 sniper riflle 7.62x54.Excellent condition,looks almost new.
Took all the wood off it and replaced with a monte carlo stock.
Installed a Burris 6.5-20x50 mm scope.
This russian rifle is supposed to have a max range of 2000 yds and an affective range of 1400 yds.Just playing around with it I got it sighted in at 300 yds and bench shooting got a 2in pattern.
Gonna try for another 100yds at a time until I get a 4in pattern.
Just a fun toy only.

Cal

I own one.

I buy my ammo from tapco.

Nothing shoots truer Ive found. I dont even have a scope on it just the flip sites. It sure is a shoulder bruiser.

It's basiclly ballistically the russian version of a rimmed 30.06. The range is going to be pretty much the same.

dun":t4a8b8s5 said:
It's basiclly ballistically the russian version of a rimmed 30.06. The range is going to be pretty much the same.
Dunn you are correct on that.Did my research before I bought it. Im impressed with the 29in barrel.

Cal

Calman":3f89e2kc said:
dun":3f89e2kc said:
Dunn you are correct on that.Did my research before I bought it. Im impressed with the 29in barrel.

Cal

There still neat and fun and whay else really matters.

dun":3au2t3hp said:
Calman":3au2t3hp said:
dun":3au2t3hp said:

Cal

There still neat and fun and whay else really matters.

Yes they are.
I seem to have a thing for old military guns.
Of course when I get through with all my modifications they look nothing like the original.
I also have the M38 and the m44 of this version.
That little m38(tank gun) will kick like a mule,got rid of the steel butt plates and replaced with the rubber ones. The m91/30 and the m44 aint so bad but the m38 will still get your attention. :lol: :lol:

Cal

I might add.shooting that little m38 of a night you wont belive the fire coming out of the end of the barrell.

Cal

Calman":29zxe4zm said:
I might add.shooting that little m38 of a night you wont belive the fire coming out of the end of the barrell.

Cal

If you want to see fire our of a barrel shoot a blackhawk chambered for 30 carbine, but wear sunglasses day OR night

Calman":3b5ua5un said:
I just bought myself a Mosin Nagent M91/30 sniper riflle 7.62x54.Excellent condition,looks almost new.
Took all the wood off it and replaced with a monte carlo stock.
Installed a Burris 6.5-20x50 mm scope.
This russian rifle is supposed to have a max range of 2000 yds and an affective range of 1400 yds.Just playing around with it I got it sighted in at 300 yds and bench shooting got a 2in pattern.
Gonna try for another 100yds at a time until I get a 4in pattern.
Just a fun toy only.

Cal

I would like to see a picture of it when you get a chance! I have an interest in long range shooting as well and have just started messing with it (DPMS LR 308, 24" barrel, bipod). What type of reticle do you have on that scope?

I would like to see a picture of it when you get a chance! I have an interest in long range shooting as well and have just started messing with it (DPMS LR 308, 24" barrel, bipod). What type of reticle do you have on that scope?[/quote]

BeefmasterB. I have the balistic mil-dot rectile. I really think I prefer the Iarget rectile best though.
The only way I could get you a picture is to email it. Too dumb to put a picture on here.

Cal

Calman":59jzuatq said:
I would like to see a picture of it when you get a chance! I have an interest in long range shooting as well and have just started messing with it (DPMS LR 308, 24" barrel, bipod). What type of reticle do you have on that scope?

BeefmasterB. I have the balistic mil-dot rectile. I really think I prefer the Iarget rectile best though.
The only way I could get you a picture is to email it. Too dumb to put a picture on here.

Cal[/quote] I can walk you through the "posting a picture" process if you want. Fairly easy.

Latest posts