New place to shop

Help Support CattleToday:

Skyhightree1, I have a place like that nearby. I stop in there regularly usually looking for some bent gates or panels to use at 3 water gaps.

Recently they had about 3 pallets of "stuff" returned to O'Reilly Automotive. They had a bunch of torque wrenches, it it makes you wonder why would anyone trust one of their wrenches for anything important.

I get 1" stainless steel tubing and weld to broken rakes and pitchfork heads. Get a bicycle handlebar grip to put over the other end! They last and don't bend. You can make an extra long handle for a rake to use when burning brush.

Why did they have so many fence post? What weight were they? Were they the lighter ones the landscapers use?

I hate going to those places.
All them scrap yards around here have a little tire shop across the street from it. They stay pretty busy fixing all the flats folks get just from driving in the junkyard. They're like trying to drive thru a minefield.

One of the scrap yards here in town, collected T post for me for years. Changed owners, and I never stopped in to introduce my self. I'm about to the end of my stash.

We used to have a scrap dealer that would set aside stuff that could be useful to someone.. then they sold out to a big company and they scrap EVERYTHING.. such a crying shame.. and if they ever do keep something, they charge an arm and a leg for it.. They had a 45 gallon drum of new aluminum assorted rivets.. I took about a gallon worth of them, and they charged me $30 for about 5 pounds of aluminum.. it's still cheaper than the effort of trying to find them, and not having them when they'd be handy, but it's stupid.
And then they talk about recycling.. and that really pizzes me off

from the previous owners we had gotten several brand new 3ph 2hp electric motors for $40 each, Stainless steel 1/2" and 3/4" elbows, nipples, and T's for about $1 each... Stainless steel water screens,.. those were the 'good old days'

D2Cat":5biaqrm3 said:
Skyhightree1, I have a place like that nearby. I stop in there regularly usually looking for some bent gates or panels to use at 3 water gaps.

Recently they had about 3 pallets of "stuff" returned to O'Reilly Automotive. They had a bunch of torque wrenches, it it makes you wonder why would anyone trust one of their wrenches for anything important.

I get 1" stainless steel tubing and weld to broken rakes and pitchfork heads. Get a bicycle handlebar grip to put over the other end! They last and don't bend. You can make an extra long handle for a rake to use when burning brush.

Why did they have so many fence post? What weight were they? Were they the lighter ones the landscapers use?

Thanks for handle idea. The fence posts I'm not sure my idea was they were stolen or scraped of someone's estate by someone not knowing any better. They were not the light flimsy ones. The weight not sure guy just told me what he wanted for each one. O Reilly yea I wouldn't trust any of those types of places tools

GB I was worried about the tires to.

Nesi yep there's always something there it seems you can use.

True Grit Farms":5biaqrm3 said:
I quit going to those type of places unless I need something. I have more than enough junk laying around already.

My family doesn't call me Mr Haney for nothing :lol:

skyhightree1":1i8t2l3o said:
D2Cat":1i8t2l3o said:

Thanks for handle idea. The fence posts I'm not sure my idea was they were stolen or scraped of someone's estate by someone not knowing any better. They were not the light flimsy ones. The weight not sure guy just told me what he wanted for each one. O Reilly yea I wouldn't trust any of those types of places tools

GB I was worried about the tires to.

Nesi yep there's always something there it seems you can use.

True Grit Farms":1i8t2l3o said:
I quit going to those type of places unless I need something. I have more than enough junk laying around already.

My family doesn't call me Mr Haney for nothing :lol:

Mr haney or Fred Sanford ??????????????????

Here's a 3 point rake I made to dethatch the yard. It also works good for raking the rock in the driveway that get driven in during winter. Made from the pick-up reel off a baler I picked up at the scrapper. I just replaced all the teeth.

D2Cat":3pry4gye said:
Here's a 3 point rake I made to dethatch the yard. It also works good for raking the rock in the driveway that get driven in during winter. Made from the pick-up reel off a baler I picked up at the scrapper. I just replaced all the teeth.

Very nice.. If planting a new pasture or lawn that was disced up good ID throw seeds out and run that over it a few times

Latest posts