new pics

Help Support CattleToday:

JHH

Reaction score
New purchase (daughter paid half with her premium money from 4-H)

Pic472.jpg

I think this heifer that I saved is better than the new one, what does everyone else think?
Pic475.jpg

This is her project steer for 4-H (You angus folks will like him I think. still needs more hindend thickness but he will have to work.)

Pic473.jpg

Save her for the upcoming calf or cull? Not a very good pic sorry.No problems with her or calf just udder looks like it will become a problem

Pic437.jpg

Another bad pic of my bull.

Pic477.jpg

I like the 1st heifer better - straighter topline, nicer head, doesn't seem to come up in the flank as high either, but it's tough to say from the pic of the 2nd one. AngusX steer definitely needs an @$$.

If that cows udder causes problems at calving, like the calf not being able to get on a tit, cull her for sure. If it doesn't, then I guess it's your preference. Myself, I would cull her without a 2nd thought. But, you could keep her if she raises heavy calves, just don't keep a daughter.

like the first pic alot, I also like the second but really like the first, hope our 4 H beef steers look anything like those I doubt it, we get them october 21 we dont get to pick, its all lottery style here

Nice heifers, JHH!

I'm partial to the purchased one, but it could be because the second one isn't stading as good in her picture.

What lot was that heifer in the sale? I'm curious about her breeding. Like I said, nice heifer!

George

Herefords.US":1imiv06d said:
Nice heifers, JHH!

I'm partial to the purchased one, but it could be because the second one isn't stading as good in her picture.

What lot was that heifer in the sale? I'm curious about her breeding. Like I said, nice heifer!

George

She was lot 18, didnt get the one I wanted or my daughter really wanted which was lot 20. She went for 5500 (20)
We paid to much as far as I was concerned but the daughter liked her to so she owns her now (1100.00).

She is out of GERBER LARIAT 093L

Yes she is polled and we plan to bred her to a polled bull (A-I) any suggestions for a club calf for a heifer?JHH

JHH":hgy31y95 said:
Yes she is polled and we plan to bred her to a polled bull (A-I) any suggestions for a club calf for a heifer?JHH
Unless you use Ali, DO NOT breed that heifer to a club calf bull. That is going to get you more problems than you want.
Find something, anything, that is suited to a heifer...but NOT a clubby bull.

The photo of the first heifer is better so I like the first. That could change if you post a better photo of the second heifer. Wish the black steer was thicker but some corn may change that.

bullpeddler":3m4d5rse said:
The photo of the first heifer is better so I like the first. That could change if you post a better photo of the second heifer. Wish the black steer was thicker but some corn may change that.

Here is an ealier pic that bward said she MAY have an ear infection of that second heifer

adca8d66.jpg

I really think that the steer will change some one she gets some feed in him. He wont win but he will do OK.JHH

She doesn't have a very good topline does she. Never really noticed in the pasture but the pics really show it.

She has more width in the rear and down her back than the other one. But I do think that the first heifer walks better also.
Guess we will see in July or earlier if we get them both broke to lead by April.

Daughter wants to lead her steer in for weigh in in FEB. If she gets him broke by then she will be the only one.

JHH

JHH":3rirp410 said:
She doesn't have a very good topline does she. Never really noticed in the pasture but the pics really show it.

She has more width in the rear and down her back than the other one. But I do think that the first heifer walks better also.
Guess we will see in July or earlier if we get them both broke to lead by April.

Daughter wants to lead her steer in for weigh in in FEB. If she gets him broke by then she will be the only one.

JHH
I like the first one better.

the first pic never opened for me (dialup) but i think your holstein steer is lacking in the dairyair.

ok now it did. i like the first heifer better. she shows more femininity.

Latest posts