New Pics of my babies :0)

Help Support CattleToday:

I ran it on the slide show and enjoyed every minute of it. I actually caught site of some of the babies. :heart:

I was a little bit confused there for a minute when I saw that you've listed NYC as your location and you were out riding in a T-shirt among Brahmans, so I did a quick search and see that your ranch is in Guatemala. Boy is it pretty and green there.

Thanks so much for sharing this. :)

Alice

Alice":3ktyp2lk said:
I ran it on the slide show and enjoyed every minute of it. I actually caught site of some of the babies. :heart:

I was a little bit confused there for a minute when I saw that you've listed NYC as your location and you were out riding in a T-shirt among Brahmans, so I did a quick search and see that your ranch is in Guatemala. Boy is it pretty and green there.

Thanks so much for sharing this. :)

Alice

the guy in the white t-shirt and the younger kid work there , they take care of my herd . its green all year round :clap: all of them are raised on this type of grass, it takes one heck of a beating , also they rotate pastures every 3 days .
Here is the link to the grass type.
http://www.tropicalforages.info/key/For ... zantha.htm

Here is the link to ME!! :cboy: :lol2:
I need to loose some weight :lol2:
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/dvperez81/a ... 2320732564 Blue shirt

Sorry...

Were the pics of you also taken in Guatemala? As far as needing to lose some weight...don't we all... :| (I'm talking about myself, now.)

Alice

Alice":1xxw00jy said:
Sorry...

Were the pics of you also taken in Guatemala? As far as needing to lose some weight...don't we all... :| (I'm talking about myself, now.)

Alice

I usually go down there during dec-jan this year i didn't go because of my job spent christmas and new year's without my parents 1st time ever . I'll be heading down there in july for 3 weeks , yes the pics were taking down there . 225lbs Trust me I :cboy: need to trim down im only 5'6 .

Joy in Texas":1xxw00jy said:
DV,thanks for sharing. I like those cows. How many do you have there ?
Right now I have 59 . Getting rid of 10 Because they are too old (about 6-8 years of age)... steers I have 80 which Im selling in July . I buy 6 month old steers and then sell.

Ahhh - Guatemala. I spent 2 weeks there in November. It is truly a land of eternal spring. Seems like the high temp was 72 everyday, but I was in the mountains and I think you may be more coastal -am I wrong? I think it is the most beautiful country I have ever visited and I look forward to my return. Not only is the country beautiful but the people ae beautiful too - they were so kind to gringo with poor spanish. Where is the ranch?

Thanks for sharing.

Dvperez81":vhan2jau said:
Alice":vhan2jau said:
Sorry...

Alice

I usually go down there during dec-jan this year i didn't go because of my job spent christmas and new year's without my parents 1st time ever . I'll be heading down there in july for 3 weeks , yes the pics were taking down there . 225lbs Trust me I :cboy: need to trim down im only 5'6 .

Joy in Texas":vhan2jau said:
Right now I have 59 . Getting rid of 10 Because they are too old (about 6-8 years of age)... steers I have 80 which Im selling in July . I buy 6 month old steers and then sell.
===========
6-8 years old are too old? Help me with that. Six year olds are with/nursing the 4th calf. Why do you cull so early ..because of age?

hpm08161947":k4lb7xhn said:
Ahhh - Guatemala. I spent 2 weeks there in November. It is truly a land of eternal spring. Seems like the high temp was 72 everyday, but I was in the mountains and I think you may be more coastal -am I wrong? I think it is the most beautiful country I have ever visited and I look forward to my return. Not only is the country beautiful but the people ae beautiful too - they were so kind to gringo with poor spanish. Where is the ranch?

Thanks for sharing.

EL Naranjo , El peten , Im way up northwest less than 30 miles from the mexican border . Highest temperature Ive had to deal with is about 100F . I can't to go down there again . And yes people are nice to "gringos" depends where you are , I hate the capital(city) not the greatest in the world .

preston39":39o65ax1 said:
Dvperez81":39o65ax1 said:
Alice":39o65ax1 said:
Sorry...

Alice

Joy in Texas":39o65ax1 said:
===========
6-8 years old are too old? Help me with that. Six year olds are with/nursing the 4th calf. Why do you cull so early ..because of age?
Pretty much .

Yes - once I was in Guatemala City and can understand. All the Zones make it very complicated. I took a wrong turn off Roosevelt ave and wound up in Zone 3 which I believe is the Hatchery of all Chicken Buses in Guate. Also the grave yard of all abandoned vehicles. Quite frankly with the new political environment there it strikes me as a place ripe for the investment of the american dollar, but who knows there may be other complexities.

cfpinz":29z6xgdu said:
Alice":29z6xgdu said:
cfpinz":29z6xgdu said:
Pasofinos?

Those are horses...

Alice

My wife had a paso and those horses in the pics reminded me of the old nag. Wondering if that's what they were.

cfpinz

Judging from their size and build and the way they held their heads, I wouldn't be surprised.

Alice

Latest posts