New Online Cattle Market

Help Support CattleToday:

The first requirement stopped me, I'm not on Facebook, don't intend to join. I suspect some computer whiz will start competing for a piece of the pie and probably make millions selling animals in less than 50 head lots.

Cabo, I understand it isn't for everyone, but networking seems to make anyone stronger in whatever they are selling. Alot of hobby farmers on facebook looking for 1 or 2 cows but are scared of barn sales because they are novice. I think this will become a competitive way to market your animals. There are over 1.5 billion on facebook now needless to say it isnt going away.

ChWorley":rli8z6ml said:
Cabo, I understand it isn't for everyone, but networking seems to make anyone stronger in whatever they are selling. Alot of hobby farmers on facebook looking for 1 or 2 cows but are scared of barn sales because they are novice. I think this will become a competitive way to market your animals. There are over 1.5 billion on facebook now needless to say it isnt going away.

some of the latest info suggest that FB hit its peak in 2012 and it will continue to decline with newer technology/social media coming out. most of the younger 16-25 yr olds have migrated to snapchat and twitter. Anyone remember MYSPACE??

I agree but free online marketing is here to stay I believe. Every business in the world has a facebook page it seems like. There are 500 yard sale groups on facebook in my area of Va alone some of which have 20,000 members. Facebook pages like craigslist are a good way to network with other farmers. I have bought and sold cattle on both sights. I sold some British White pairs three months for top dollar privately on craigslist when local farmers told me they would bring crap at the barn sale. I think these pages will benefit some farmers sell privately if that is their goal. It is all about networking your product, that is the golden rule of sales. Find your customer.